Draco, Hermione, Ginny, and a Voice

Start from the beginning

As he walked through the halls to the dungeon he thought about the girl. Lyra Dumbledore. She wore red so she had to be a Gryffindor. Why had the Dark Lord wang to be associated with her? She was weird as well, as if she needed all her advice to be hidden in riddles. What was she doing being associated with the Dark Lord herself? Her relative led the light against him, shouldn't she hate the Dark Lord?

"Draco come on, I want to sleep." Blaise said at the entrance. He sighed and decided to think it in more depth later.

A week passes in and Quidditch practice was going to start again. To be honest, Hermione and Harry would love to play the game. They can't, yet again, but it was nice to watch them practice. No one stopped them because they never said anything to anyone. Hufflepuff wild often play around after practice, inviting the two. Even they said it was a shame Hermione and Harry couldn't play or have a chance to try out. They were really nice like that. Then again, isn't all of Hufflepuff sweeter than Ravenclaw and Slytherin? There were only a handful of other students they could think of, one being Neville Longbottom. Ginny would sneak around here and there. Harry noticed how very alone Ginny was and since technically the table they sat at included all houses, they would invite Ginny to sit with them. She liked the attention very much, that and she had extra help on her Transfiguration homework thanks to them. All three of them went by the field and saw Wood about to go off.

"We have the field reserved." He said. "We have a note from Snape." Said Flinch.

(I probably spelled it wrong. Lol)

He looked it over. "You have a new seeker?" Coming through the team was the one and only Draco Malfoy. He gave a smug look and the Gryffindors scoffed. "Well we'll wait for next practice then..." Wood said defeated. They left and the captain said to Draco "Oh and if Harry Potter comes around with his mudblood friend and the blood traitor, ignore them. Those two like watching everyone practice and they don't say anything."

Oh of course he will say that.
Well there is the fact that Draco doesn't know that.
Fair.
And as for those terms they used, it's Slytherin. Slytherin.
Yeah yeah...

Hermione looked at Ginny. "Just don't mention what they're doing to your brothers." Ginny nodded. Occasionally she wrote in her journal and then spoke to Harry. Many times she she would blush and giggle around the boy, making it obvious she had some type of fancy to him. When Slytherin's practice was over the three had to go to classes so they said their goodbyes to Ginny and went to their first class of that day.

As the day went on Harry spent his day taking care of his work. He thoroughly enjoyed his classes until he went to Snape's class. More questions! Ugh... doesn't he have a whole class to teach? Harry thought of doing something humiliating to Snape, possibly himself, but seeing as he just started his second year he decided against it. As the day went on he heard a voice not of his own.

"Hungry...mussst kill...hissss."

Harry shook his head. What was that?

Hermione on the other hand had Draco as a partner in Potions. Draco was less than pleased yet he liked it. He really didn't understand what his body was telling him. They were going over a simple second year level potion and Draco felt heart beat fast. She was doing the cutting and prepping of the ingredients and every cut or crush was perfect. Draco could only wish that of himself! How did she learn such perfection? It was a great shame she was a mudblood, she got the bad draw in the magic pot Draco always envisioned when he thought about how and who a wizard and witch is born as. Draco sighed and continued his end of work with the potion while on Hermione's end she was excited. She could tell Draco actually knew what he was doing. His focus on the time and eventual wand movement was fantastic! She would kiss him if it weren't for the fact he hated mudbloods. Also, it was highly inappropriate.

When they finished the potion and Snape inspected it he said "You two should work together more often."

Hermione was very off put. Yes, she liked Draco even though she shouldn't, she was a mudblood, but she could only handle his presence so much. What was wrong with her? It kept her head spinning! Draco seemed to gleam but in her eyes she thought he was thinking "Hah! I can make great potion even with a disgusting mudblood's help!"

When class was dismissed that's when Harry heard it. Hermione went into the bond and heard it too. She grasped his hand and in the bond said: What was that?
No clue, mione.
Let's get going then.

As time continues on into October, Mr. Filch claimed Hermione did something and Harry said if she did then he was involved. So in the end they both had detention. However, because of Mr. Filch catching an illness that a good days rest could only cure, they took Detention with the celebrity teacher, Mr. Lockhart. They had to help with answering letters and Lockhart would consistently tell Harry he would one day have to go through fan mail and bla bla bla. Hermione was ready to swat the man.

Then something loud happened. The three, interested, looked to see what had happened. Of course...Peeves had caused trouble.

The Vanishing Cabinet...

After three hours they were allowed to leave to their dorm or go to the library or even go to the classes they missed for makeup work. True, Harry could have not spoken up and went to class to which Hermione would then already know however she was not going to die alone in detention.

The next day however was a doozy for Hermione and Harry. Peeves kept getting excited so he, in every class period, shoved students in closets. Draco and Hermione kept getting in the same closet and Ginny, Harry, and Blaise kept getting the same closet.

(Yeah, Ginny! Supervise my boys for me!)

As a few more days moved on...Hermione got weird letter. She responded to it, just to see what would happen. In the process she gained a Pen-pal. They never said their names and always referred to the other by nicknames. "Serpent" was her pen-Pal's alias.

Draco seemed extra pleased the following days but Blaise knew why. I'll just let him think I don't know, he seems happy. Hmm...I should try sending Harry owls...

A/n~ There's some development between Hermione and Draco! Blaise is also getting his share, of course. No flashback this chapter. I don't plan to write many except around mostly the year Tom released the Basilisk. I do want Ginny and Lyra to play bigger roles in Harry and Hermione's lives in this book, and since we see Ginny with a big boom, we'll get that. Ginny WILL have her silly crush for most of this year but will get over it. Harry will, throughout the book unless I need some plot twist, see Ginny as the little sister he wished he had. Mainly because he always wanted siblings.

Also...in this book do you want Ginny to be single, in a heterosexual, a homosexual, or an asexual relationship? This one I'll let you decide and tell me who and why. I'm partial to Luna for an Asexual relationship but also Pansy in a Homosexual relationship. If it's heterosexual then I will make an Original Character in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw.

I mean it. This is A VOTE. Not 'oh you decide'.