"Ymir and Krista are surveying the hotel. Now you and I are going there to meet them while Mikasa and Connie hike the hill. Oh and I forgot!" Jean said before he went to his backpack and gave me climbing axes and Bluetooth earpieces.
"These are for you and Connie to use when you reach the top of the hill. There will be a foundation wall made of rocks that you will need to climb over with these. After you climb the not very high wall you will get to the pool area."

"Why do I need to go with you again?" Annie asked.

"Because Krista and Ymir are already there." Jean replied. "And these two are going alone."

"I'll just... go there right now." She said.

"Wait!" Jean said. Annie stopped and he went over to her, giving her the blast knuckles.

Annie then went alone, leaving only Connie, Jean and I in the room.

"What's wring with her?" I asked Jean.

"I-I don't know..." he replied.

"Hmmm... okay." I said with a voice of doubt.

"I-I'm going to go follow them. Uh, call us when you're ready." Jean said before getting out the door and heading to the infiltration area.

"So it's you and I alone once again, eh partner?" Connie asked.

"Yea. It's been a while... partner." I answered.

"Let's give it our all out there." He said before he opened his hand for me to shake.

I shook his hand and we both left to our positions.

Connie and I started climbing the hill just halfway below our destination as yesterday Connie found a dirt road for hikers who want to enjoy the atmosphere. The hill was covered by thick trees so we were able to run hike without getting spotted.

"Mikasa... how much climbing... do we have to do?" Connie asked between breaths.

"Just a little more. We're nearly there." I replied.

"I wish... these trees were way less thicker." He said.

"Why?"

"Because then we could see the damn sky more clearly."

"Just be thankful they aren't thicker than this, or even taller."

"Oh yea. That's what missing. Goddamn giant trees. I also wish we'd have some grappling hooks to climb them and save us a whole lot of legwork."

"Imagine you working leg day, see the pain in your legs, imagine it five times worse."

"Oh yea? Now's not the time to brag about your workouts." He replied. "It's the time to imagine ourselves swinging through these big ass trees with grappling hooks."

"I think the G forces will snap your arm. I'd prefer a device that has a harness and can deploy grappling hooks."

"Yea that's a great idea. But where will you strap such device?"

"I don't know..."

"Maybe around your waist?"

"Maybe."

"I mean with the harness and all, it could work."

"Ok sure. Oh and look! We're only a minute away!"

"Awesome... I really need some water..."

"Come on bud! You are Connor Springer! Didn't you tell me the other day you can do whatever you need to do, no matter the obstacles?"