Chapter 20- I Swear On Your Life

• Dedicated to the cuties in the club

        My window shattered. I took cover. It was a rock...? A big one. Who threw a rock at my window? Nervous, I made a note stating that I had another phone with me. Just in case I was about to be kidnapped, they could track down my other phone. I wrote the number, but after two minutes I looked out the window cautiously. Had they gone? And then, my room door slammed down.

        "Did that freak you out? My bad. It was just a distraction." I knew who it was by the voice. Ben. He put down his hood and smirked. "I know I made a promise to Alex not to hurt you but, I recently found out he was dead." 

        "So what, you're just going to break that promise now, Ben? I thought he meant more to you than that." 

"I don't have time to grieve." I couldn't reach the phone to call Daniels, so I was screwed. I was about to be taken by Ben. Luckily, I still had my phone and the note I wrote. "And I didn't come here to kill you, either."

"Then why are you here?" I asked, pretending I wasn't afraid.

"I need to have a conversation with you."

"We're having one." I chuckled.

"Not a good time to act like a smart ass, Lexi. Basically what i'm trying to say is that...you're coming with me."

"I ended up defeating your little ninja buddy that attacked me. What makes you think I can't beat you up?" He laughed loudly. 

"The way you said that, it was like a kitten trying to be a lion. Look, I knew the "ninja guy" was weak from the start. We can talk about my employees when we get there."

"And where is there?" 

"Yeah- about that..." He suddenly ran at me, tied a bandana over my eyes, and grabbed me tight. "Let's go, shall we?" I struggled to get away. He took me downstairs and out the door. I knew this because well, I was barefoot. I could feel what was on my feet. He took me outside. Fucking hell. I had to drop the note, but what if the wind blows it away? I was planning to leave it in my room, but he grabbed me so sudden. Taking a risk, I let go of my note although the wind could blow it away or it could get ruined by rain or dirt. He led me into a car. 

"You know, they'll find me. What about the traffic cameras? And why the fuck do you want me dead so bad?"

"Handled them. And, forgotten already?"

Shit, I thought I could rely on those cameras too. "A lot has gone down." I smirked, still acting like a smart ass. 

"You're the reason why my wife died. She died giving birth to you, the scum of the Earth. I didn't even want you in the first place, but she refused to get an abortion."

"My bad." I said cockily, although I did feel a bit bad. I'm sure she was a good person.

        The car stopped, and he grabbed me again and led me inside a room. It was cold and dark. 

        "Oh don't tell me, it's the warehouse?" I groaned.

        "Are you crazy? That's the last place i'd go. Once that cop finds out you're missing, he'll come after me. I'm sure that'll be the first place they'll go. I can't tell you where we are. Anyways, sit. I don't have ropes for your whole body, only your hands. So you can try to run while blindfolded, but that's a stupid idea."        

        I felt panic creep through my body. How am I remaining so calm? Normally, i'd be freaking out. I guess I've gotten more brave since this whole thing started. You know, my life is horrible. I think even worse than the people in Pretty Little Liars. I'd be lucky to have their life. I'd prefer it over mine, to be honest.

        "So, do you know why I want to have a chat with you?"

"Nope." I answered, popping the p. 

"Well, one of my employees told me what he did to Jordan and Alex. I found out that they were going after my employee, trying to trick him. Did you know, Alex actually killed an innocent man? There was a bomb strapped to him, and Alex shot him thinking it was my employee. It's sad really, I thought I taught him to be smarter than that."

"Why are you telling me this? So what?"

"So I guess this means, now that Alex is dead, Jordan is a bit angry. I'll be expecting him. Why? Because, my employees left after that little stunt. If Tank, the man that set Alex and Jordan up, had fallen for their trap he'd be dead. This scared my other employees, and they all left me. So, now I have no protection. So, I need you to do me a favor." At this remark, I started to laugh.

"No."

"Let me rephrase that for you. If you don't, I kill you." 

"I actually have no problem with that." I admitted. 

"Alright, how about instead...I kill Daniels. Do you really want some random dude who got involved with you, to die?" Fuck. 

"What's the favor?" I asked, changing my mood. Looks like i'll have to do him a favor, because there is no fucking way i'm letting a good guy die.

"Stop Jordan from coming after me, at least for a bit so I can find protection." Seriously? He's asking me to keep him alive? The guy who is trying to kill me?

"Why is Jordan such a threat?"

"Imagine how you would feel if someone was trying to kill you, no matter how strong or how old, you'd be scared, right? Just imagine that."

"I don't really have to imagine." I grinned. Although I couldn't see, I imagined he was smiling. "Does this mean you're gonna let me go?"

"Hell no. I snagged your phone. You're gonna call Jordan."

"Now? It's around twelve, on a school night. This is a horrible plan. He'll just know something is up. Especially when they find me not at my house."

"Tell him you're staying at a friends house for the night, and you just realized his plan. Tell him to stop."

"Still a bad plan."

"Trust me." Trust you? The man who ruined my life? Okay, sure. I'll trust you! Why am I complaining? I want him to get caught anyways. I heard the phone dialing. "Remember, the cop's life is on the line here." He warned and put the phone to my ear

        "Henderson? It's late. Why are you calling?"

        "I'm sleeping over at Hannah's right now, and I couldn't stop thinking about how you and Alex. And that's when I realized. You went after the killers, didn't you? And now, you're probably planning to go after Ben." Silence.

"Yeah. I am."

"Well, don't. It's too dangerous. Just tell Sir Daniels, or I will. Don't' go after Ben, please." I heard a long sigh. "Please, Jordan. I mean it."

"Lexi-"

"Please." I whimpered. He groaned, and then promised. "You have to do more than promise. You sort of break promises easily." 

"Lex, I swear on your life- I will not go after Ben." 

"Okay. That's good enough for me. Thank you, Jordan." Ben hung up the phone for me. "So, why do you still need me?" I asked. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my cheek. He slapped me.

"Entertainment." He chuckled.

Fucking hell.

A/N: After a whole fucking month, I got the video done. LMAO. Procrastination max...100/100. If it doesn't appear, you can just type in my YouTube name: fizzyburr and find it there. Share, and give me feedback~ love you all. Not edited. Will edit once the story is over.