Chapter 7- He's His Own Enemy

A/N: Things get confusing today. Try to stick with me! Don't think too hard, it'll make it worse.

        "You need to work on playing them! Start with Matt, okay?" Hannah scolded. I nodded and Zach came up to her and kissed her. They were so cute! "Go find him. I'm going to go hang with Zach." she winked and they walked away. Luckily, I knew exactly where to find Matt. The library. It was lunch break, so I could go talk to him now and avoid trouble. I grabbed my lunch and walked to the library.

        Like usual, Matt sitting in a circular table with books and papers and a laptop. He looked handsome, and so hardworking. I sat beside him.

        "Hey." I smiled. He didn't look surprised to see, his eyes were glued to the computer screen. "You work too hard, Matt. Take a break! How can I help?" He sighed.

        "That won't be needed, but thanks for the offer." I pouted. How can I talk to him if he doesn't even want to interact with any human being? 

"You seemed so carefree.." This shocked him, he turned and finally looked at me. 

"Huh?" 

"You seemed so carefree and happy in your videos...that's why you...were one of my favorites." I admitted. Him and Jordan, I loved them. He blushed and looked down. 

"I felt carefree at the time...but that was summer...I'm a senior now, Lexi. I..need to work..I need to graduate." I suddenly got sad. 

"I miss your videos, Matt." I told him. "Blake, and a lot of others miss you too!" He was typing, but paused and looked at me and shrugged.

"I see him everyday. He can just talk to me. I mean, we may be different, our personalities and popularity, and such, but..we're still friends." I nodded. All of the YouTubers in this school had different personalities, but got along online.  

"Well- it's really damn hard to talk to you when you're in the library having no life 24/7." I said harshly. He flinched and his fists clenched.

"Do you want to get out of here, Lexi?" 

"The library?" I asked, confused.

"School." I nodded slowly. What did he mean? "Well, so do I. But I can't graduate if you're breathing on my neck criticizing me...so leave me the alone." Ouch. I sighed and gave him my lunch. 

"Eat it, you need it more than me." I said and left.

        I ran into Blake on my way out. I really didn't want to face him after the strange phone call, but I smiled and said hi. He then walked to the library, and turned and made his way out. What? I followed after him. He went into an empty classroom. I sat beside him, shocking him. I guess he didn't expect me to care about him. My eye winced at the fact we were alone, but this is Blake. One of my favorite YouTubers. I have to be there for him. Besides, maybe I'll figure out why he's so serious. "Why'd you walk out of the library? Because of Matt? What's his deal anyway?"

        "Matt? Oh..he feels really, really guilty for leaving his fans and friends behind. So..he overworks himself. He's distracting himself from the pain and guilt of leaving. He doesn't know how to handle the fact that he broke and is breaking tons of fans hearts. He's his own enemy. His own distraction." My mouth dropped. He's so wise! Who would have thought? I clicked the back of a pen. 

"You miss him, right?" 

"Hell yeah I do. I only left though because I don't want him to be reminded of me, it'll hurt too much for him. I mean...it hurts so bad." We sat in silence for awhile. I decided to ask him.

"The other day, Blake..when you said 'don't break anyones heart' or whatever, what did you mean by that? It sort of sounded like a threat." He tensed up as if he was dying to tell me something, but was holding it back. 

"Oh uh- nothing really. Not a big deal. The voting system will be up soon. You know, after you nominate people...you get to vote. It's a list of 10 people, and then the 5 with the most votes...die."

"That's sick." 

"Yeah." 

"It's over on the 13th." I realized. He nodded. "Why is that number always so scary?" I asked, and he shrugged with a slight smile. "Blake...what happened?  Why are you...so..serious?" 

"I was on the list." 

"Oh."

"8th grade year. I didn't sacrafice my life to save the others. I was too scared." Tears swelled his eyes. I held his hand. 

"Say no more."

------

         The bell rang, and I walked outside. Matt was waiting for me? He had his hands in his pocket, and he waved when he saw me. I walked towards him.

         "Soo..I owe you an apology. I'm sorry I acted the way I did to you today. You were just trying to help and make conversation." He chuckled. 

        "I forgive you. It's okay." Do I still play the game? Ever since Blake told me about Matt, I...I care about him. He's his own enemy. I- No. Stop. You have to play the game. You may care about him but he doesn't care about you. He's just doing this to get on your good side.

"You wanna go get some food? You skipped your lunch." He laughed. I blushed. 

"Sure, I would love that. Where to?"

"McDonald's...is that okay?" he chuckled and I did too. 

"It's great." We went to his car, and he drove me there. 

"What do you want?" He asked. I looked up at the menu. Hmm...do I be myself and get what I would usually order? Or do I get a salad...no, be yourself. A salad would be a wate.

"Big mac, fries, and a soda- please." I blushed. He nodded impressed. 

"The same for me." He told the cashier. We got our food and sat down by a window. The window seats are the best seats because if there is an awkward silence, you can just look out the window. We began to tell each other everything, because why not. "So yeah- I miss it a lot."

"You could always come back." I suggested. He shook his head.

"And say what? Sorry I abandoned and broke your hearts, but I'm back! Please love me...although I won't upload often at all." He mocked, proving his point. I rolled my eyes. 

"Just...come back when you're ready, okay?" He smiled. He had an adorable smile. I took a sip from my soda, and Matt and I talked for awhile. That's when I realized I didn't want to play with them anymore. I'm falling for them, I care for them, seriously. Even if they don't care for me. So, I guess they won. But the thing is, if I'm falling for 9 boys at once,

I'm in a whole lot of trouble. 

A/N: What do you think is going to happen?