Chapter 8- "Chill out, you can just bribe your teachers."

I woke up to the sound of a alarm blaring. I got up and groaned. Another week had past, and it was Monday again. I had extra time, because my hair was already clean. I didn't need a shower. I made my way to my desk where my computer, mom's journal, and a bunch of papers lied upon it. I looked at a flyer that stood out. Today was audition day for the play! Devon would be there. They were doing The Little Mermaid, I knew the song 'Part of Your World' by heart. I smiled thinking about Devon, then my heart broke when I realized he probably doesn't care about me. I always thought he was the kind genuine one, the one who knew when something was wrong...guess not. Not going to jump to conclusions although, he might not be playing, I have no idea. I grabbed my momt's journal and wrote on the empty pages about the boys.

1. Matt. Oh boy, Matt. At first he seemed like an extremely studious person...actually scratch that, he IS an extremely studious person. I never see him around, unless he's in the library. I actually convinced him to do something productive like a sport. Something other than studying alone in the library. He choose volleyball, so I expect to see him there more often. He's a sweetheart really. Really sarcastic, really sweet. Kind of like the Matt you know from YouTube. Just...in real life.

2. Blake. Blake is a really funny guy, the typical class-clown. Meeting him, I learned something that I did not know about him. Although he always seems really silly and goofy- he's had a bad past, and he is really serious with some topics. I thought it was intimidating at first but...it's not really. It's actually pretty awesome to know that there is something behind all the goofiness, a human. Not saying he wasn't human to begin with, of course he was. I guess I never thought he could be sad. Also; his voice is really awesome and majestic. 

3. Jordan. Jordan..oh how do I even begin? The first week of school, we were super close. It was like I had known him forever. He was always there, and did this really strange smirk-thing that could make a girl melt. Not me, though. I was your typical "hard to get" girl. I mean...can you blame me? He was so attached to me even though I just met him. I know why he was though...he was trying to win this competition to see who could steal my heart first. Fucked up, I know. He stole a kiss from me, he was your typical boy-cliche you read about. Fortunately, before I could fall for him- he told me he wasn't going to leave the competition. It's complicated.  

        I got cut off by a knock on a door, obviously it was my dad. 

        "Bus is gonna be here in five!" he yelled. Really? I stared at the clock. Oh shit! I quickly got ready and ran downstairs and he gave me a high-five. "That was quick. New record huh?"

        "You have to know how to get ready fast or you won't survive being a girl." I laughed and walked to the bus stop. I missed him driving me, but I understood why he couldn't. He was focusing on the case. But, bags were appearing under his eyes. I don't bother to complain about it however, I just hug him and go now. 

----

        "Try-outs today girly! Devon's turn to fall for you." Hannah giggled. I sighed. I realized our friendship was made up of this game. I don't know the first thing about her. Do I want to though? She seems a lot different than I am. I'm more sluggish- while on the other hand she's super preppy. Plus I can tell she's keeping a secret from me, her and Zach. They always whisper, walk away to talk in private. It's not flirting because they don't smile. They look dead serious. "Also, try to talk to Justin today. You don't know the first thing about the him." I pouted. Does watching his channel mean nothing? I know plenty. Zach came over and stole her away, and I sighed. Although she's my best friend, I felt more closer to Kerri and Julia. An announcement came on saying that it was time for the auditions. Hannah eyed me from across the hallway and I nodded and headed to the auditorium. 

        "Next!" The lady yelled. I made my way up on the stage and smiled. "Who are you? What song? What grade?" I smiled confidently.

        "I'm Lexi Henderson, Part Of Your World, 9th grade. I'm 15." I smiled. The director smiled kindly and let me begin. By the end of the song, people clapped. I blushed when I saw Devon cheering for me. 

"That was amazing, Lexi! You're Ariel. It's final." I suddenly felt bad as I watched girls walk out, some even in tears. 

"Um..ma'am? Can you please give them a chance? I don't want to feel guilty." the girls stopped. Devon's eyes got wide. I ignored his shock and look of disapproval. The director paused for a bit, but then nodded.

"You're absolutely right. I must give them a chance. Thank you for telling me my wrong." she smiled kindly. "I like you already." The girls smiled happily and thanked me.

        Eventually, I ended up getting the part still. But the girls were still thankful that I stood up for them. Devon got Eric, which means he'll be my love interest. This will be interesting. 

        "We should practice together when we get our script, what do you say?" He asked pulling me into a bear hug. I laughed and agreed. 

"Yes! When is that, actually?"

"They said in an hour." I nodded. I can't keep skipping my classes, everyone knows I'm prone to do that. I really want to prove them wrong, but this is Devon we're talking about! Screw school, i'll just take it over the summer if I must. Besides, with everything going on- I deserve this. 

---

        I found Justin in the guys bathroom. Yes, the guys bathroom. Apparently I have a problem with reading signs.

        "What're you doing in here?" He yelled making my face go red.

        "This is the guys-? Oh my god!" I laughed. "Shut up, it's not like I saw anything. Besides, all you're doing is fixing your hair." He looked at me annoyed. "You done? I've never really gotten a chance to talk to you. Lets talk." 

"Don't you have class? I know I do." 

"Pfft. I don't go to class much anymore." I laughed. He raised an eyebrow.

"How are you still in school, then?" 

"Don't ask. I don't know myself. Must be my GPA." I shrugged and we walked out, surprising a few guys which made me laugh. 

"You know- I can't afford a bad grade anymore, Lexi." He reminded worried.

"Chill out, you can just bribe your teachers." He sighed, obviously done with my ignorant shit. "Right?" I asked suddenly worried I was being a total bitch. 

"Stereotypes..I hate them. I may have some money on me, but I'm not super rich. Okay? This high school is full of labels and rumors that aren't true." I didn't know how to reply to that. Shit, he hates me now. How do I fix this? I found myself doing the most awkward thing ever. I gave him a hug. He didn't even accept it. His arms sort of just dangled there, and he kind of pulled away from me. When I let go, I flushed at his confused grin. 

"I felt like you needed a hug okay? Obviously not." I muttered and began to walk away, but he laughed and grabbed me and hugged me back.

"I did. Thank you for that. I forgive you, Lexi." I rolled my eyes and laughed. 

"You made me feel so awkward." I pouted. He laughed and we went our separate ways.

---

        Devon and I studied our lines together. It got really awkward when it said that we had to kiss. Must we really? Of course we do. That's how the story works.

        "Lets just..do that another time." We both agreed. That's when I saw Jordan. I hadn't seen him since the party. Devon must of noticed me glancing, because he said I was free to go and told me to have a good day. I smiled and ran up to Jordan.

        "Jordan- where are you going?" 

        "Lunch."

"Can I come?" he looked taken aback, but nodded. I couldn't sit by Hannah. It would be so awkward. I know she's hiding something from me. I sat next to him. It was strange being surrounded by a bunch of guys I didn't know.

"I'm sorry, Alexis." I was surprised when he called me that, because he rarely ever calls me by my full name. 

"It's whatever." I shrugged looking around at everyone that I knew. 

"Distracted?" I shrugged again, still not wanting to make eye contact with him. "Don't make this awkward, Henderson." He groaned. 

"Look, I'm only sitting here because Liam is sitting by the cheerleaders, Hannah and Zach are hiding something from me, Matt is in the library, and I rarely ever talk to Michael. It's not like I want to be here." I scowled.

"I'm fucking sorry, okay?! Quit holding grudges." I scoffed and got up. 

"Later, Jordan." I left- and his friends made fun of me to stand up to Jordan. Jordan told them to shut up. I smiled a bit and thanked him, but still walked away. I saw Kerri and Julia, but they were surrounded by people I wasn't fond of- so I forced myself to sit by Liam. The girls gave me a gross look when I came by. "Fuck you too, bitches." I rolled my eyes at them and flipped them off. Liam started to laugh really, really loud. They scoffed and left.

        "That- that- that was perfect!" He exclaimed. "They're so..stuck up." He sighed, smiling at me.

        "Why do you associate yourself with them anyways? They only want you because you're hot-" Did I just say that? Idiot! His smile widened. "You know what, fine. I'll admit it. You're totally fucking hot." He chuckled. 

"You're not too bad yourself, sweetheart." He winked. "What brings you over here?" 

"Everyone is annoying." I sighed, defeated.

"Oh really? So hows it going? The game?" Do I tell him I'm not looking to play it anymore? Yes. Tell the truth.

"I..don't want to play it anymore, Liam! I'm just a fucking girl. I don't want to be stressed out and have to play all of these guys. I love them, alright? I love them. It hurts me knowing I'm stooping to their level. As much as I know they don't care about me at all, I just can't? Okay!?" I yelled. He looked shocked and his eyes widened. "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to get so angry with you. I just hate this whole game we're playing." He nodded, understanding.

"I'm sorry too. I get it." You know, for a jock and someone seriously popular, he seemed to really care about me. I guess stereotypes are bullshit after all.