accidental hybrid: chapter 10

i was so glad today was over. Ashton did happen to be in very single one of my lessons today and every lesson all week. he showed me his time table earlier today.

thankfully though he didn't sit next to me in art and in that lesson i need my concentration.

i was walking home now and i was so glad it wasn't snowing. even though the ground was covered in it. it came just above my ankles. it wasn't that cold either even though it was like winter everyday here. it was also bright this afternoon. the sun lifted my spirit because we never really have a lot of sun and its nice when we do.

i was almost home now and luckily Ashton didn't live no where near me be cause he would want me to explain more about the angel guy. even though i didn't know much my self. it was also nice being on my own. i could think alot better and clearly.

i nearly walked past my house what with being lost i my own thoughts again. i had to turn round and walk back a couple of steps. i walked inside and placed my coat and scarf on the coat hanger just inside the door. wow it was really warm in here. i shut the door so not alot of heat wouldn't escape.

the door slammed shut as a gust of wind swept through the house. my mum heard me and shouted "amiee, is that you?". " yes mum its me ! " i shouted back.

when i had put my school bag down , i walked into the living room where my mum , dad and a large man sat.

the man seemed oddly familiar. where had i seen him before ? my brain went all cloudy and it started to hurt as i tried to remember where i had seen him. but my brain had no recognition of him.

he was new.

i looked at him. taking in every inch of his appearance. his pale skin and cold stare frightened me. his eyes were a very pale blue and as he smiled at me , his mouth revealed sharp fangs under his lips.

he was a vampire ! he must be ! my mind just kept sending the same warning over and over again. even my body had been telling me he was dangerous. that's why i felt so scared.

i tried to keep calm but my heart began beating really fast. he must hear it. pounding inside of my chest. the blood being pumped around my body and through my neck into my head.

i tried to slow my heart down but it wouldn't stop. " amiee dear this is a teacher from your school , he said he would like to talk to you" my mums said . i barley heard her through the loud beating of my heart.

a teacher from my school? no he was lying. just en excuse to get to talk to me. but for all i knew he could just be here to drain me of my blood and then my parents next and he would make it look like a suicide.

that's were i remember him from ! he was the guy who had thrown me against the wall a few days ago. he cleaned it all up to make it look like i was crazy !

my heart beated uncontrollably now. he turned and faced my mum and asked " is it ok if i talk to amiee privately in her room ? ". my mum nodded and the vamp slowly got up and walked up to me.

my mum said yes ! and in my room as well ! the vamp was right by me now and had taken hold of my arm and was practically dragging me up the stairs, to my room.

he was in front and wasn't looking at me. within a few minutes we had reached my room. he walked straight into my room ! how in the world did he know which room was mine !

this guy must know more than i thought.

he finally let go of my arm but he had made it soar with his tight grip. i rubbed my arm as he sat down on my bed. " nice room you've got here" he said

i rolled my eyes sarcastically at him but he didn't see because he wasn't looking at me.

he had gotten up and walked over to my window, his back facing me.

" you know why i am here so lets get it over and done with" he said still not facing me. " first i want your name and no i dont know why your here" i said. he turned round and faced me this time. " you know my name and you know why i am here" he said he said with now a bit of anger in his voice.

did he think i was messing around ? i looked at him confused when he finally said " you got my letter didn't you? that had my name written at the bottom"

i remembered the letter he had sent me then.

his name was Dylan Matthews. he didn't look or act like a Dylan. it was just the way he spoke and how he looked. he looked only 20 but he seemed to have an old edge to him.

" yh i remember your name now but i still dont know why your here" i said. he had still been looking at me as i thought but he seemed to get irritated and angry.

" stop playing games you stupid child !" he shouted , his voice exploding in the room. the shout sent a very cold shiver down my spine. he was more dangerous than he looked.

my eyes began to water as i was afraid beyond anything. just being in this room with him was horrible. " i am not messing with you , i really dont know why your here !" i shouted. his face went still , all emotion vanishing from his face.

after a while his face settled into a confused look. " but how could you not? " Dylan said, his words barley passing his lips yet loud enough for me to hear.

" i dont know, i just dont" i said.

he just stood there looking beyond my face as if seeing through the wall behind me. he looked down at his feet then. he looked up suddenly. his eyes had turned red and he was smiling.

"well then, i guess you not knowing would make this a whole lot simpler" Dylan said. he slowly approached me and stopped when the front of our feet met.

"this is just going to hurt for a few minutes" he said. then he growled and bit into the side of my neck.