accidental hybrid: chapter 22

i didnt know if the scream was aimed at me or what but i think it had.

the emotions i had seen on his face. shock,fear and what are you? look. i was as hell sure that his face had scared me for life. it was 3rd lesson. i sat gormlessly at the back as mr drew droaned on about algibra and that but i wasnt listening.

as always i was lost in my thoughts. i wanted to cry so the tears could wash all of these problems away but even if i did cry for the next 20 years i knew they wouldnt wash away.

"amiee" mr drew called. " huh" i answerd. "answer the question" he said. but i hadnt heard the question because i was stuck in my head."amiee" sir said again. "sorry sir i didnt hear the question".

mr drew pulled a face i didnt see as he turned to the other side of the classroom for another pupil to answer. " sally , please could you answer the question for me" he asked her. he had enfisised the word YOU as he spoke to sally.

sally said" yes sir , the answer is 8b plus 5a" in a rather to sweet voice that sent a shivers down my spine. mr drew turned to me again and said " amiee, maybe next time you will pay attention instead of day dreaming". but only if he knew that all my day dreams were real and not something in my head that i could easily forget.

"i'll listen when i like" i said. i thought i had only said it loud enough for myself to hear but sir had his ears open and his gaze rested on me again. " get out amiee !" he yelled at me" no one dares talk to me like that !".

i got up but got up to hard causing my chair to fall backwards. i stormed out of the room , slamming the door behind me. he's made me so angry.

*************************************

i had been outside the class room for about 10 minuets now and my legs had started to get heavy with all the standing up. i so badly wanted to sit down again.

my head suddenly shot up as i saw Ashton walk down the corrider towards me. again , as soon as he saw me he turned round and started to run back in the direction he had come from.

he wasnt getting away that easy.

i ran after him shouting his name at the same time. but i shouted and shouted but he didnt respond to any of my calls. "aston , wait !"i called again.

nothing.

i had given up shouting him now. the shouting had started to make my throat saw. but i was now grateful the numbness in my legs had gone so i kept running after him.

he was going to have to stop some time. and this school is small.