25

/\/\/

/\/\/

Everyone moved to grab chairs and beds, no one sitting still as they barricaded the room. Byrd carried all the knives she could hold, placing them on piano with Harper before she went to search for more; her teeth clenched the entire time.

'Byrd,' Fox called; 'Maybe you should sit down. You don't look so good. I can get the knives.'

The girl nodded as she swayed on her feet, letting the little girl lead her to sit on one of the remaining lounges.

'Where are they?' Fox asked.

'The drawers along the far wall, third and forth,' She slurred as she began to loose consciousness; 'Give me a pile of the biggest ones you find.'

She nodded and raced off, leaving Byrd to fight the black haze penetrating her mind. The clang of the knives against the concrete stabbed her head, her eyes clenching shut. With the adrenaline of watching Lorelei melt finally wearing off, everything was hitting back full force. She sent a lazy nod to Fox, letting her go off and finished the rest of her jobs as she lay there, useless.

'What the fuck are you doing, Byrd?' She muttered to herself; 'Ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim.'

But no matter how many times she muttered the phrase, she couldn't find it in herself to get back up. She laid with her eyes closed, pained breaths leaving her mouth as her abdomen seared with pain.

'Byrd,' Fox's soft voice called.

'What?' She muttered.

'I'm not ready for this.'

'You're a criminal, kid. Act like it.'

She waved the girl off then, keeping her eyes closed as she rolled over trying to seek comfort. An explosion sounded up the hall, gasps leaving the mouths of the teens around her. A groan left her mouth as she pushed herself up to sit, laying back down just as quickly the world began to spin; reaching down to grab some of the knives. Bangs sounded against the doors as the guards tried to break through, managing to after a few hits; but were blocked by the mountain of furniture.

She almost laughed when the canisters bellowing red smoke were thrown into the room, some of the teens running away from them as the others grabbed them and shoved them into the buckets of water. They all listened to Jasper's hand motions as he laid on the ground, acting as though they had inhaled the smoke. The barricade came toppling down as the guards tugged on it, entering the room slowly.

No one moved as the guards walked through them, checking over them all; tapping them on the backs. And the moment a man went to tap Byrd, she threw her hand through the air and slashed his throat. Jasper let out a yell as she stood from the ground, sending his axe into a guards leg; letting chaos loose. The Delani girl moved to stand, attacking and killing anyone who came her way; the knives seen like silver lines flashing through the air.