“Sorry, but I thought I should tell you. Liam invited me for dinner.” I waited for her response, but the other end was silent.

Then without any warning, her excited squeals filled my ears and I could hardly make out a single word that she was saying.

“Oh my goodness! Wow! What?! I don’t believe it. I mean I can believe it! You’re going on a date!! But I thought he fell out with you? When-,” I immediately stopped her.

“If you calm down. It's not a hug deal. It's a date, yes, but we're only talking things over.' I smiled at the thought of us sitting opposite each other and getting to look into his dazzling brown eyes all night.

“Whatever, a date is a date and that's a huge deal!” She was still squealing but a little calmer. “Look, I’m gonna have to go but you must tell me everything that happened ok. Love you! I told you he liked you.”

I laughed, "Ciao, Maria," then left for work.

For most of the day, I found myself daydreaming and not really paying much attention to the things around me.

“Earth to Olivia,” a hand was waving in front of my face.

Harry stood in front of me with a wide grin plastered on his handsome face. I smiled back kindly hoping he hadn’t come here to tease me.

“So, you and Liam eh? He’s a good guy, I’m sure he’ll treat you well.” I looked up at Harry and shot him a daring look.

“Hey Harry, leave the girl alone!” We both turned to see Louis jogging up towards us. He came in for a hug and then poked Harry in the cheek. “Stop interrogating the woman.” I laughed at them, but then both of them turned to look back at me and Louis no longer seemed to be helping me out.

“You know, I think you’re perfect for Liam.” Louis said.

“Excuse me? Guys seriously, we’re just friends.” They exchanged a look and Harry winked at me.

“Whatever you say, Olivia. Don't forget, it's a date.” Then they both waved goodbye and left together without another word.

By the end of my shift, I was feeling pretty nervous. I still didn’t know where or when I was meant to be meeting Liam. I kept replaying what Louis had said to me, that I’m “perfect for Liam”. If Liam actually felt how I felt when I was near him then I guess we had a shot. But I couldn't imagine it.

I went for a shower and did all I could to make myself presentable for dinner.

After about half an hour, I was still sat on my bed with the towel wrapped around me. I stared blankly at my open wardrobe still undecided on the outfit. I almost jumped out of my skin when my phone started to ring. As I went to grab it, I read Louis’ name as the caller ID.

“Hi, Louis.” I spoke quietly, still a little shaken by the unexpected phonecall.

“Hey, Olivia. So, I was just going to let you know that I will be escorting you to the place where Liam wants to meet you in around an hours time-,” I instantly paused Louis.

“What? An hour! Louis, I’m still sat in my towel after my shower. I don’t even know what to wear.” I heard Louis snicker on the other end of the phone.

“Just a towel? Hmm, I bet Liam would like to imagine you like that.” He laughed jokily.

“Quit it, Louis. Help me out please.” I was fearing the worst, and that was not being ready on time.

“But I’m not a woman.” He replied defensively.

“Oh well? You know Liam. What would he like?” I waited for Louis to respond.

“Ok. Calm down alright? His favourite colour is purple, if that helps. Oh and, leave your hair down naturally. He loves it like that.”

“He does?” I questioned Louis.

“Sure. Well, I guess he loves everything about you. Now get ready-,” Louis was cut off by some talking in background. I heard Liam’s voice clearly.

“Olivia, don’t worry, tonight will be awesome.” Louis said to me and then he continued, but this time, his voice was a little louder. “Isn’t that right, Liam?”

“Huh?” I heard Liam respond to Louis on the other end of the phone.

“You’ve spent quite some time sorting this out for you and Olivia. You want it to be perfect, just like you said she’s perfect for you.” I could hear Louis smiling in his words and knew he was teasing Liam, but had Liam actually said something like that about me?

“Are you speaking to her on the phone? God, shut up, Louis.” I heard Liam laughing nervously and couldn’t help but feel butterflies in my stomach.

“Anyway, I’ll let you go. But remember, you’ve got less than an hour.” Louis was rounding things up now so I just thanked him and ended the call.

Less than an hour! I stood up and looked through my dresses, pulling out the one. It was more of a plum colour, but it had to do as it was the closest dress I had to purple. It was a nice dress, knee length, with gorgeous embroidery and a fitted waist.

I slid the dress on and went to find some black heels to go with it. Once that was done, I did my makeup. I had around fifteen minutes or so left so I gave myself enough time to check my hair. Louis had advised me to keep it down and natural so I had brushed through it and watched the dark waves fall naturally around my face.

After one last check over in the mirror, I heard a knock at the door. With a nervous sigh, I walked over and met Louis standing outside.

“Wow, if you made yourself look like this in an hour, I have no idea how Liam would cope if you had the whole day to get dressed. You look amazing.” I leaned in for a hug and smiled uncertainly at his compliment. “Shall we go then?” I nodded at him and he offered me his arm taking me to meet Liam.

My stomach felt so knotted up with nerves and I felt even worse when Louis asked me to close my eyes. But I listened and with my free hand, I covered them. We had barely walked two minutes when Louis had slowed to a stop and a warm evening breeze swept around me.

“Are we here? That didn’t seem very far. Where are we?” I started to question Louis but he cut in quickly.

“Oh stop with the questions already. I’m gonna leave you now and when I tell you to, start counting to three and then you can open your eyes, okay?” I nodded at him with an anxious smile. “Right,” I felt Louis let go of my grip. “Okay, start counting.” His voice already seemed distant and it was obvious that he had actually left me. But without hesitating, I took a deep breath, counted to three and slowly opened my eyes.