Chapter Seven

(Rain's P.O.V.)

As long as I have my dads around to help me through whatever is troubling me nothing will ever fully take me down. As soon as everybody left for the party Pa brought me out a comfy jacket and some hot tea to make me feel better. Dad followed him with leftover brownies and a cup of candy corn. They always know how to make me smile.

"I hope Johnny didn't ruin your whole night. Did you have fun before he showed up?" Pa asks as he gets himself comfy on a bench. We decided to sit around a fire for a bit after getting all the horses in the barns.

"I had a wonderful time. Seeing everyone's reactions and smiles to the set up we did were amazing. Besides, even though I wasn't apart of the party for the whole night I had a nice time talking to Jacob in the barn." I take a sip of my tea and pop a piece of candy corn in my mouth.

"Jacob is a nice kid. I'm glad you guys get along so well," Dad says. "Tomorrow you won't have to deal with seeing the class since they're not coming to the public party. Don't stress about it too much, Raindrop."

"I won't. It was just so hard seeing him after four years. He didn't even want me to know it was him..." I sigh and look into the fire. The heat feels nice tonight considering it's pretty chilly. It's nice since whenever I was upset as a child my dads would wrap me up in a blanket to calm me down while we talked. The warmth always gave me comfort.

"He has his reasons. I can't say they're good reasons, but maybe something good with come out of it? You guys were so close back then. He might want you to be a part of his life again," Pa says and puts a marshmallow on a roasting stick. I scoff at the idea.

"I don't want to be a part of his life. He'll probably just leave me again. I'm nothing special anyway. It's clear he has friends so he doesn't need me anymore," I say. Dad hands me a s'more he made for me and shrugs.

"You may not see yourself as special but we know you are," he says.

"You're my parents. You're required to think that," I mumble.

"Please, if I didn't think you were special I wouldn't pretend I do. I would push you to become someone with a unique personality. I don't have to do that considering you already have one. Just because the people around here are too close minded to see you as someone they should want to beg to hang out with doesn't mean you're not worth anything to anyone." Dad stretches his arms and stands up. "I think it's time to head to bed. We have another long day tomorrow," he says and takes Pa's hand.

"You're right. I'm going to shower to get this makeup off and then I'll head to bed." I say goodnight to my dads when we go inside and head upstairs to the bathroom. A nice hot shower should clear my thoughts for a little bit. After putting on some music on a low volume, I step into the shower and forcefully scrub my face with soap to get the makeup off.

This is why I could never fully get into the whole gothic makeup style. It looks totally awesome on most guys, but having to take all of it off every night seems like a chore. At least with my eyebrows, I just use a wipe and then I'm done.

I finally complete my shower after washing the rest of myself and head into my room to get dressed in a t-shirt and boxers. Man, I'm so tired. Today was exausting. I lay down in my bed being careful not to disturb Clover.

(Johnny's P.O.V.)

Andy's dead asleep in the bed next to mine like the sandman tucked him in personally. No matter where he is if Andy is tired then he can fall asleep instantly. I'm kind of annoyed that he's dreaming peacefully while I'm wide awake thinking about Rain. The thing is, it isn't just Rain on my mind. When the class went to leave I saw the boy that was in front of me in line to see Rain earlier come out of the barn. Rain didn't look upset anymore from what I could tell. I wonder who that boy is? Is he one of Rain's friends? Whoever he is he must have helped him forget about me for a while.

As soon as we got back on the bus I had questions from everyone who saw the scene I caused. Bridget, of course, tried to get into my personal life being nosy bitch she is. I swear even when I get up to get something when I'm in lunch at school she has to know where I'm going or what I'm doing. Just because she wants to get into my pants doesn't mean she needs to constantly get into my business.

I just told everyone I knew Rain and we had a fight before I moved. No questions were asked after that considering the tone I used. It was obvious I didn't want to talk about it.

I can't seem to get comfortable tonight. No matter how I lay in this bed I want to keep fidgeting. "Ugh, this is hopeless." Grabbing my phone from the charger, I get up and go over to the window. It's not the best view from the room we're in but what else would our school be able to afford? Andy and I are lucky we didn't have to share a bed.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Andy groans and sits up. "It's like three in the morning." I glance down at my phone and see that he's right.

"Sorry, couldn't sleep." He turns on one of the lamps and stares at me sleepily.

"Is this about Rain?" I nod. "Jeez, not only did you cause problems at the party but now you're disturbing my rest. You're just giving everyone a hard time, aren't you?" I roll my eyes at his teasing while throwing my balled up shirt at him.

"Shut up, man. I didn't mean to wake you," I say and Andy laughs before throwing my shirt back at me.

"I know, I know. Don't worry about it." He stretches out his arms and lays back down hugging his pillow. "Just try to get to sleep, okay? Don't want you too tired when you're showing me around town tomorrow." Tomorrow is our only free day and since I used to live here I decided to show Andy around.

"Right, goodnight." He doesn't reply and I see him already asleep. Damn, I wish I could do that. I turn the lamp off and get back into bed. Hopefully, tomorrow turns out better than today considering I won't have to see Rain and his dads.

*I hope you enjoy this short filler! Leave a comment and vote if you want c: Thanks for reading! I love you all! <3*