Chapter 16

Liberty had drifted off to sleep before they had reached her house. Brayden had knocked on the door, practicing what he was to say to her grandparents without them thinking he did it. He picked Liberty up and carried her in his arms across the lawn.

Nana opened the door in her nightgown and a smile on her face. It soon faded when she looked at Liberty in Brayden's arms. "Oh my God! What happened?" Nana held her fingers to her mouth with worry in her eyes. Gramps came to the door, and saw Liberty in Brayden's arms. "Jesus Christ! Get her to her room for God's sake." Brayden entered the house, going up the stairs to Liberty's bedroom.

"Brayden, did you do this?" Gramps was face to face with Brayden. It was more of a face to chin. Gramps gave Brayden the stink eye. "I knew you were a stinker. I'm going to have to report you probably." Gramps sipped his milk and pulled out his flip phone, ready to dial 911. "Actually, I saved Liberty from Emmett. He's the one who did it." Brayden sat down on the edge of Liberty's bed, pushing her hair out of her face. Gramps turned to Nana, not sure what to do. "I'd rather hear it from Liberty."'said Gramps, watching Brayden touching Liberty's hair as she slept.

Nana lightly shook Liberty awake, as Gramps watched from the back of the room with his arms crossed. Instead of waking up like a slow, she breathing fast, "What's happening??" Liberty breathed.

"You're home now Liberty, Brayden brought you home. Remember?" Nana held her hand, rubbing the palm of Liberty's hand with her hands. "Yeah, of course I remember."

"Liberty can you tell me what happened so I can call the police?" Gramps glared at Brayden.

"Well, it wasn't Brayden for sure. He's the one who saved me..."

"Then who was it?" Gramps said, sipping more of his milk. Liberty broke down into tears. " Oh my God, it was Emmett!" Nana stared at her with shock.

"I don't understand! Your mother told me how happy you were with him." Nana continued to hold Liberty's hands as she spoke. "Well we broke up. And then he came here, but that's only because of Samantha. And she had a plan that included him, but that didn't work, so after I figured out that plan, he didn't leave! And he followed me and Brayden last night and them he followed me and Zoe today! And then when I left dinner he attacked me." Liberty started to tear up. She looked at Brayden. "But that's when Brayden arrived out of no where."

Gramps sipped his milk. " I knew Emmett was a stinker. And not you, Brayden... Sorry about that."

Liberty chuckled at Gramps' comment as she wiped her tears. "It's just that it's my fault." Nana placed her hand under Liberty's chin to face her. "Dear, nothing is ever your fault! It's his fault for thinking that he can attack anyone like that. You understand?" Nana stood up. "Let's go john, Liberty I'll bring you an ice pack for your eye alright?" Nana went out to the hallway, with gramps behind.

Before she went back to her room she poked her head in to address Brayden. "Also, Brayden, you don't have to stay here to watch Liberty. We can take care of her." And with that, she disappeared with Gramps' cup of milk in hand.

Liberty looked at Brayden. "Please don't go, I don't think I can sleep... I know that sounds totally cheesy and whatever but I think I really need you." Brayden put his arms around her, hugging her close. "I don't think I could ."

--------

SORRY THIS WAS SHORT the book is so close to an end! I plan my minimum to be 20 chapters but we'll see what happens.

I REALLY hope you're enjoying this! It's probably really cheesy cause I was like a child when I wrote the first chapters of it so they haven't been edited.

BUT, I just gotta finish this so I can get a second book starting if you guys actually like me that much.

Love,

Xox Lucy