Chapter 10

After what feels like 2 hours of driving, and what actually was 20 minutes, Brayden arrives at Samantha's house. Before getting out of the car, Brayden feels this weird tightening in his chest. He sighs and pushes the door open. Dark clouds covered the -- usually -- clear sky. Just as Brayden made his way to the walkway it started to drizzle. He managed to make it to Samantha's porch before it started to rain harder. As if she was watching him, Brayden can hear Samantha unlocking the door. "Brayden, hey," Samantha was smiling ear to ear. Something in her think's that he was here to apologize. When Brayden looked up, she saw how red his eyes were. "Have you been crying?" Brayden looked around before answering. "Can we talk inside?" Brayden asked, croaking out the last words. "Uh.. Yeah." Brayden shuffled inside and Samantha closed the front door without looking back. 

Brayden walked across the room and stood in the corner waiting for Samantha to follow after. Brayden's limbs tightened as he heard Samantha round the corner. "You know, I thought it would take you much longer..." 

"Longer for what?"

"For you to apologize," Samantha answered, rolling her eyes as she slumped on the couch in front of Brayden. "Why don't you sit down?" 

"I'm ok standing up, I'd rather give it to you standing up."

"Give what to me?" Samantha questioned, her eyes flickering to Brayden's hands and then back to his eyes.  Samantha watched Brayden as he sat down next to her. 

"I wrote this for you." Brayden handed her the white envelope with her name scribbled on it in lopsided handwriting. The ink was starting to run from the rain. 

"What's this? Why'd you do that?" Samantha said, taking the letter gingerly as if it was about to explode. "What does this even mean, Brayden?" she opens the envelope it starts to pour outside. Brayden could barely see the sky anymore. 

"Just, please read it." While Samantha was reading the letter, tears forming at the side of her eye, Brayden watched her breathing slowly, hoping that he wouldn't break the silence. As Samantha read, tears were sliding down her cheeks. By the end an emotion of anger and rage and sadness all mixed in to one spread across her face. She read the letter over twice more, and then stared at Brayden.  Placing the letter on the coffee table gingerly, Samantha spoke slowly through clenched teeth. "Brayden, what the hell does this even mean?" Tears sparking once more at the corners of her eyes. "Who the fuck do you even think you are?" She started to raise her voice. "What the hellis this even ABOUT!?" She stood up quickly.

Her whole body shaking. She pointed a finger right at his face. "How dare you come in here and give me this! I gave myself up for you! And we haven't even had sex yet!" she threw her hands up in the air as if the whole world was falling apart right before her very eyes.  Brayden felt a strong surge of anger burst through him. "What the fuck do you even mean that we haven't had sex yet? Was that the only reason?" He scoffed. "What kind of reason is that?" 

"Brayden, don't play dumb with me. That's the only reason you're here. That's always the only reason. You're a fucking GUY!  And you said it straight to me! And hell no we haven't had anything because you've been following that ho around all the time." Samantha said, poking Brayden in the chest. 

"You slut!"  Brayden pushed her, trying so hard not to raise his hand but he could feel the urge to at any moment. "You're such a bitch anyway you don't let me have any friends! If I introduce you to any girl between 19 and 23 you act bitchy!"

"Oh ok I wonder why Brayden. I love you, Brayden. Do you think I want to go through more break up shit?"

"Well I guess you can't! Do you pick up guys just to have a fake relationship with?"

"What the hell? I wanted us to have sex so we can close our relationship and make it a reality, but you have been chasing some girls ass!"

"I bet you already had sex with-" Before Brayden could even finish his sentence a hand went flying across his face, sending a white hot pain all through his body. 

"Don't you dare speak his name, I haven't loved anyone other than you. The only person who should be angry is me. You fell in love with another girl at the same time you were in love with me?" Samantha watched Brayden rub his cheek, trying to bring the feeling back. "I love you Brayden."

She stepped closer, pushing a piece of hair back into place that had fallen across his face. Before Brayden even knew what was happening Samantha was kissing him, her hands wrapping around his waist. She let go, but her hands found their way to the button on the top of Brayden's jeans. 

"Samantha. Stop." He moved away. "All of this doesn't make sense. Sex isn't going to fix anything like it has before! You are such a slut! I knew you only wanted to be with me for sex. You've been planning this fucking 'special night' with me for weeks and once it happens you plan to let me  bang  you till you get sick of me and leave! My friends told me about you. Now get the hell off of me!" 

Brayden turned and walked out the door before he let Samantha have any last words. Walking into the rain without looking back, Brayden breaks into a run. He doesn't care about who sees him or what he left behind. He was heading for Liberty for all he knew.

Brayden runs for as long and hard as he can throughout all the North Beach town. Brayden, close to falling over while trying to catch his breath, looks at the sign that is right above his head. Interstate line connector it read. "Shit." Brayden sighed.

The rain had stopped and all that was left was a humid fog that was crawling through the streets. He slumped to the wet ground. A strange feeling started creeping over him and his eyes started to water. What the hell was happening? He wiped his nose as he looked up at the streetlamp.

He starts to wonder what Liberty was doing right now. Soon, his phone starts beeping. Hoping it's not Samantha trying to get him back, he picks it up gingerly. Instead, it's a text from Liberty and a little thing sparks in Brayden's heart.  

Brayden!!! I just found out that i'm going to be North Beach soon! 5:34

My mom said that it's hard to own two houses in North Beach and back home. I'm gonna live in North Beach and still go to school. I'll just take the train! :)

-------

That scene with Brayden and Samantha is intense! That was probably my favorite part in the whole book! Thanks guys for   reads! It means a lot! Expect to see chapter 11 out tomorrow! I just have to finish writing it. :O 

Love,

xox Lucy