Chapter 3

I've added a picture of Steven! Enjoy!

Love,

xox Lucy

---------------

Brayden arrives at the restaurant 5 minutes late. He rushes out the car to where Liberty was standing.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late, bad traffic. And it took some time for me to persuade Samantha to come. We should get going, the bar fills up fast. Hey, you look great by the way."

Liberty giggled. "Brayden, stop being so nervous it's fine! We're going to have a good time aren't we?"

"Don't worry I'll stay on my best behavior." He smiles. "Come on get in the car."

"Thanks." Liberty squeezes in to the back of his Ford next to all his car parts and books. "Hi, Samantha?"

"Mmm, hey Liberty." An awkward silence continued as Brayden nervously starts the car. After three minutes of Brayden trying to back out of his parking spot, they were on the road.

"Brayden, you don't mind if I turn the.. uh, radio on do you?" Liberty said poking her head between seats. Samantha looks at her and hits the preset 1 button.

"There, enjoy. By the way this is the only station his car gets so.."

"Great..thanks." Liberty whispers under her breath as country music played.

"Alright ladies, we're here the best bar on the beach!" Brayden says as he jumps out of the car. He swings around to the passenger side and opens the door for Samantha.

"It looks like shit, don't ya think?" Samantha said lighting a cigarette.

"Sam, what are you talking about you love this place." Brayden said as he pulled the door open for Liberty.

"Oh, you're right. I forgot we were talking about the place. I was talking about her." Samantha shot liberty a dirty look. "Nice shoes, do they come in blue?" Liberty stared at her as she walked to the doors in awe. "Brayden, hurry up."

"Don't worry, she'll get better once she's wasted. I promise."

"Um, yeah. I'll follow you in let me just get my stuff."

"Table for three?"

"Yeah, can we sit at a booth?" Brayden said looking around nervously.

"Right this way," the waitress lead them to the last empty booth closest to the door.

"Thanks for taking me out, Brayden. Samantha, by the way this dinner is for us to get to know each other better. Like, why I come here every summer, how long you two have been dating for example."

"Um, yeah cool. How about you start?"

"Uh, sure! So I've been going to the North Beach ever since I was born, to visit my grandparents. But after 8th grade it got complicated and I stopped visiting. What about you Brayden?"

"Um, well I should tell you about me and Samantha. I met her at the restaurant, this was like what May?"

"Yeah, it was. I was with my brother and you would not stop staring at me, but you were only a bus boy. Anyway, after my brother payed you came over to get our plates and you all like whispered in my ear 'hey, meet me outside.' Ahhhaha."

"That did happen though. As I went out to meet her my older brother, Danny, was like 'yo, don't go after that bitch. obviously she's just gonna be in it for the money.' And get this, i turned around and looked at him and I said. 'There ain't no money bitch.' and I walked away. AHAH. How about that?" Liberty was laughing so hard her cheeks hurt. The waitress came back and asked for their order.