Chapter 5

I've included a picture of what I've imagined Samantha to look like. Enjoy! 

------------

He can hear her, he can he wants and he doesn't want to. She's whispering into his ear sweet, sweet words. He wants to be happy he does. "Friday night, you and me." she says.

"Samantha, I can't I told you my mom needs help cleaning up the garage and painting the upstairs bathroom. I won't be back till Saturday."

"Get your dad to help her."

"Samantha, my dad's in Texas."

"Oh, right you told me that. What's going on with you? You're acting weird!"

"I'm going to need you to define weird in this context for me." Brayden said as he stood up grabbing his empty coffee mug and putting it in the sink.

"Well, I mean all of a sudden you're busy every friday night! You have a late shift, you have these massive migraines even though I know what I want to do would help them."

"No, that's not true. Sex wouldn't fix them."

"And how would you know? You haven't had it with me yet! So you wouldn't know."

"Whatever." Brayden looked at the calendar. "You know you haven't changed the month on the calendar."

"I haven't?"

"Nah, I'll do it for you. Hey, when was the last time we saw Liberty?"

"It's been weeks, tomorrow's July 1st. Don't you see her at work? That's enough of Liberty you need anyway."

"We don't..really talk there are a lot more customers now."

"Yeah, she's just avoiding you. But she doesn't need you, she has Steven or something."

"What?"

"Oh my god, they're dating. Haven't you looked at her Instagram?"

"So she's calling him her boyfriend now?"

"Yes, how many times do I have to tell you?" Brayden's heart stopped like it had that night he saw Liberty and Steven at the club. He looked at the stove clock, it read 3:00. Liberty would still be working at the restaurant. He grabbed his jacket and rushed out the door, not thinking about what Samantha would say when he got back.

Traffic was backed up enough that Brayden got to the restaurant at 3:30 when it's a normal 15 minute drive. Brayden slammed the door shut and pushed the gate open with so much force. He saw liberty taking orders and felt something that was so different than what he felt towards anyone else. Was this a crush? He suddenly realized what it was, he stopped breathing for a split second. He was so angry, but he felt foolish. How was he going to play off this..this crush and not come off as needy by telling her to break up with Steven for him? If he did that he would make it seem way to obvious. "Liberty!"

"Oh, hey Brayden. What are you doing here? I thought your shift ended at 1."

"No, I came back because I need to talk to you." The customers at the table next to them stared with wide eyes. "But maybe some where more private." Brayden pulled Liberty away.

"Brayden, I can't now my shift's not over yet." Brayden looked up and saw that Steven was parked right behind his car. He realized that he didn't have to be angry with her, just turn her feelings around.

"Um, do you wanna catch up tonight? At 8?"

"Well, I had plans--"

"Yeah,"