Chapter 2

That picture is what I imagine Brayden to look like. Tim Borrmann 😍😍

Enjoy reading!

Love,

xox Lucy

---------------

Liberty walked to her first day of work. She knew she was going to be early and she wanted to spend as much time as she could thinking about Brayden. His eyes were olive green and beautiful. Captivating, breathtaking. But that's only saying so much about just his eyes. His lips were, well, kissable. Liberty never noticed this part about someone until she had seen Brayden.

She rounded the corner and walked down the street till she saw the restaurants glowing red sign. It suddenly hit her that she only knew Brayden at the restaurant, no one else. Hoping Brayden would be there, she pushed opened the gate and into the back of the building.

She looked around, and saw no one else. "Liberty?" Liberty's heart raced. It was a man's voice. "Liberty are you in here?" She peeked out the door, and her heart dropped. It was just Mr. Mathers. "Can I see you in my office?" he motioned for her to follow and disappeared back into his office without an answer.

"Liberty, please take a seat." She hesitated and took the red and white striped chair. "Now, Liberty. Last night I did say that I would hire you no matter what but, I need some sort of resume. I just need to know what kind of person you are and how you'll be an addition to this great family-" a He smiled, "of four. Haha, anyway. This establishment is a family restaurant. Owned by my grandfather first who had a taste for seafood grill especially since he lived oh so close to the north beach. Perchance right on the beach! In those days that was the kind of way he would have lived. So to conclude, I do not tolerate drugs. At all. And you will not come into my office unless asked." He paused for effect. "Liberty? Anything to say?"

"Hm? Oh, I understand your ruling. I do. And will follow the only two rules that you have addressed to me. My resume will be in by tomorrow. "

"Thank you, Liberty. I can already tell you'll be a great part to our family."

"Thank you Mr. Mathers. I will put all my focus into this job and make this summer your best selling one yet." She added a smile. A rough knocking, and then Mr. Mathers name was being called through the door. "Mr. Mathers!"

"Oh, god dammit. What now?"

"Should we open up now? It's almost 10!"

"Should we open up." He mumbled under his breath as he got up from his chair. "Yes! Open up, ya dingus!" He turned to face her, "Oh Liberty, you can go. Get to know the other em- ployeees I'm in charge of."

"Thanks." Liberty rushed out the door, first checking who was knocking on the door. Her heart sank when instead she didn't see the his dark brown, but another boy's red hair. What was this? Obsession? She had known the boy for less than a day and the only words they shared between each other was about his dog. But he is coming today. Liberty thought. The more she said that the more she believed it.

People started to trickle in around 12:00 and Liberty had met no one and Brayden had shown up, but never greeted her. She started to think that this 'crush' was merely an attraction and was never going to work out. "Hi, you're liberty right?" A young blonde girl stood next to Liberty. She hadn't even noticed she was there. Her red shirt was untucked from her black capris. "I'm Zoe. I'm so glad we can have you on the job! If you've noticed we only have 4 people working this summer. And we double as busboys and dishwashers...but also as waiters and waitresses. I'm the only girl here, until you came along!"