I Was Replaced by the New Girl (Twenty)

Hola Wattpad readers!

It's nice talking to you again, and here's the next chapter. Apologies again for the time it took to write this. :)

---

Recap:

'I'll walk to the tram stop with you, even though we're catching it the opposite ways.' And he snaked his arm around my waist and gave me another kiss on the lips because of the way he turned.

'Okay,' I said, when we'd finished.

We took a walk across the park, saying goodbye when we reached the main road.

And he said, 'I shall see you soon.' Before running across the road to his stop.

---

Monday.

My Bach alarm wakes me up. I want to throw it at the door.

Breakfast. Put on school uniform. Brush my teeth and wash my face. Make up and hair. Pack my bag and out the door. Routine, routine, routine. I'm sick of it.

He wasn't on the tram. I listen to Beach House on the way, on my own. I say hello to Jamie' friends; I don't remember any of their names.

Homeroom. I watch my former friends walk by, giving a considerate smile as they sit near my table. Emie sits by the heater and starts talking to Stephanie. I doodle on my notebook cover while everyone else talks about their adventures on the weekend.

It wasn't until the teacher walked in, when Emie sat down and asked me about my weekend.

'How was your weekend, Sami-dawg?' She touched my forearm in a flirtatious way. I shrivelled away from her.

'Boring,' I responded indifferently, as if my weekend was actually boring. 'I slept. You?'

' I saw a little bit of them,' She pointed to her little clan. 'Went to Melbourne Central... Kinda boring too...'

You know when people are rubbing things in your face? It doesn't feel good.

'I actually saw Jamie on Saturday,' I said, retaliating. How does she feel about that? 'We had coffee and such. Went to the park.'

'Oh!' She said, a note higher than normal, though there was no difference in her face. It almost looked authentic, how surprised she was while being friendly. 'How are you guys going, anyway? You guys an item now?'

I hate how people say "item". We are not a product. You CANNOT buy us.

'No, we are not a item, I don't really know yet,' I chuckled nervously.

'Aw, that's so cute,' Emie cooed; it was not cute at all. 'Have you guys kissed yet?'

'Yes.'

'Aw! Did he ask you out?'

'No, not yet.'

'Aw! You should ask him soon.'

I was sick of her 'Aw's. There's nothing really cute about two people who hasn't asked each other out yet.

'Wait,' Emie said, pausing for a moment, probably a signal that her little clan should listen in as well. 'How do I know he's not just some made up boy that's not actually real?'

'Do you think I would make him up?' I asked, appalled at why she'd ask that. Did I really look like I'd get myself into trouble by digging myself in a ditch?

'Have you got a photo of him?' She asked. 'I finally want to see what he looks like. And I want to see if he really is cute looking.'

'I don't think I...' I cut myself short because I thought about the photo we'd taken in the café because he wanted to see my phone. But did I really want her to see what Jamie looks like? Would I just make everything worse?