THREE | detention

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

◆◆◆∥◆◆◆

"Then why do you drink it?"
"Because it's the only thing that keeps me going throughout the day," Taehyung stated.
"But you don't like it," Jungkook replied in confusion.

Taehyung shrugged, "No-one likes school. They still go."
"That is an awful analogy. School is compulsory."
"Just like drinking coffee everyday to get through all my classes is compulsory."

Jungkook shook his head, "That's not logical."
"You're not logical. I don't comment on it," Taehyung retorted, sipping his coffee.

"You realise you're not making any sense?"
Taehyung scoffed, "I'm making perfect sense. You're just not getting it. Just drop the subject, will you?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, Taehyung involuntarily mirroring the same action.
"Whatever," the younger mumbled.

The rest of the ride was silent, save for the occasional grunt of distaste from the older boy. As soon as the car came to a halt in the school parking lot, Taehyung sprinted for the doors.

He had refrained from pointing out the time because he had been too focused on his macchiato. Yet now, his watch showed that he was going to be late. Being late wasn't something he could afford. That would mean another detention.

Another detention meant possibly seeing Jeon Jungkook again - that boy seemed to be basically living in detention. Taehyung had promised himself that he would avoid the younger. He was going to stick to it. Right?

He burst through his classroom doors a minute later, all eyes turning to him. The teacher wasn't there yet, causing him to exhale in relief. Taking his usual seat by the window, he dumped his bag onto the floor.

"Hey, Taehyung. How are you today?"
Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I was feeling great until now."
Jimin chuckled, seating himself down next to him.
"I heard Jungkook took you for breakfast today."

"Jimin, do you have nothing better to do than meddle in my personal business?"
The older shrugged, "Quite obviously not."
"Get a life," Taehyung mumbled, straightening a little as their teacher walked in.
Jimin simply snorted but didn't reply.

Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung had been the best of friends at one point. If anyone has told them that their friendship was doomed to end in the future, they would have laughed in the poor person's face.

One simple incident had created a rift so big that neither could build a bridge to bring themselves together again. Maybe it was partly due to the fact they didn't particularly want to.