March 8, 2014

Oh man, it’s been a while since I’ve written. Sorry. I’ll try to fill you in on everything that’s happened. 

So in December we celebrated Christmas which is always fun! Ryan and I got to take a much needed break from wedding planning. Then we celebrated Ryan’s birthday with his friends and family as usual. And 2014 started!

Ryan and I sat up all night that night talking. We realized that by that time next year, we would be married. We talked about the first time we met that day by the beach after that kid ran in front of me while I was skateboarding. We talked about when he got shot and when we drifted and then stopped talking until that emotional day in my front yard. And everything good and bad that happened after. But when the conversation ended we couldn’t love each other more. Ryan couldn’t wait to get married.

The next morning we were talking about picking out wedding rings. Tony was passing by when he said, “Why don’t you get tattooed wedding rings?”

After he was gone, Ryan and I looked at each other. “That’s a good idea,” Ryan said.

“Yeah, let’s do it.”

Ryan nodded, “alright, who are we gonna have do them?”

“Megan?” I offered.

“Call her,” he said putting his arm around me.

I dialed and she answered right away, “Hey Jordyn, what’s up?”

“Hey Megan! I just wanted to ask you something.”

“Ask away my dear,” she answered.

“So it’s about the wedding, you’re gonna be able to make it right?” I asked first.

“Of course! I wouldn’t miss it,” she said with a smile and excitement in her voice.

“Good because Ryan and I were talking about wedding rings and we decided we wanted to get them tattooed and of course thought of you to do them. Would you?”

“Oh my god! I would love to!” Megan was even more excited.

I smiled, “Yay!”

“Do you guys have ideas for how you want them done or do you just want me to draw up some ideas?” she asked.

“We definitely want you to draw up some ideas.” 

“Great, I’ll start thinking about it,” Megan said.

“Yay, thank you dear!”

“Of course,” she said with a smile in her voice. 

Oh yeah, and I guess I never mentioned this but Poppa Shecks asked Stacey to marry him! Their wedding was on January 4th. So when the guys were getting their tuxes fitted, Ryan looked at what he might want for our wedding and when Stacey went to look at dresses she invited me along with her. But that was a while ago. Anyways, their wedding was beautiful and it was nice to see Ryan and his brothers all together with their dad.

We sent out our official invitations and finished up planning everything. By Valentine’s Day we had the guest list finalized, the seating chart set, and the hotel reservations in Athens all set up. Our last necessity was getting dresses and tuxes picked out. Ryan’s best man is going to be Shane while the rest of his groom’s men are Kane, Tony, and Casey. My Maid of Honor is my sister Jesse and my other maids are Kasey, Megan, and Kristin (my best girl friend from back home).

At the end of February all my girls flew in so we could go shopping for dresses. The dress my bridesmaids picked is an A-Line Sweetheart neckline at knee-length in herringbone apple-red and they all look beautiful in them. The dress I’ll be wearing is incredible! I love it so much. It has a trumpet silhouette with spaghetti straps and a cathedral train made entirely of lace. It comes off the dress just below the bust so you can see the satin silhouette beneath it perfectly. The lace has red embellishments in it so the bridesmaids’ dresses match. 

The next day we went with Ryan to look at tuxedoes to make sure A: he liked it because he’s wearing it and B: it can have matching red accents. For Ryan we chose a black tux with black shirt and herringbone apple-red vest, bowtie, and pocket square. For the grooms’ men we chose the same black tux and black shirt but with a herringbone colored tie and pocket square with no vest. My brother is going to be the usher and he’ll be wearing the same black pants and shirt with the same tie as the grooms’ men but with a Tuscany black vest. 

Everything is actually coming together and it’s making me nervous-excited again. Most of our friends are arriving to Greece the a day or two after us so we’re gonna have a lot of crazy fun before we come together as a family over the weekend. Not long now, only a couple months.….

Love always!