November 24, 2013

Whoooo!! Classes have been going great and I’ve been feeling even greater! Is that a word? Oh well, I do not give a tiny rats ass. Hahah!

So yeah, my leg has been feeling awesome. Kasey primarily taught the upper level classes through the rest of October but since November started I’ve taken over. She still comes to classes to hang out and help any students who need it and David is happy to have her around to continue to help the students and me in case I do need a break. It’s been great having her around, she’s an incredible friend. 

A couple weekends ago I walked into the office to find Ryan with his eyes trained on his computer screen. He saw me out of the corner of his eye, “hey babe.”

“Hi,” I laughed and sat cross-legged on the empty space next to his computer.

He put a hand on my left knee and shook my leg, “How’s your leg feeling?”

“Great,” I smiled as I took his hand in mine. “Hey, do you wanna pick a date?”

My question broke his focus and he leaned back in his chair to look at me, my hands still holding his. “What?” he asked.

“Do you wanna pick a date?” I shrugged, “I was just thinking why wait? I mean you said when I want to and I want to if you want to that is….” I trailed off.

After a moment he smiled, “I would love to.” He then stood up and kissed me. “Let’s pick a date.”

The next day we sat out on the balcony with a calendar in hand. “What about March?” I started the suggestions to see where his mind was at.

He shook his head, “nah. Not March.”

“Why not?” I laughed at his tone.

“Just not March,” he said. I shrugged and he said, “what about April? We could do it one year after we were first there ya know.”

It was my turn to shake my head, “We can’t do it in April baby. We’re going to Spain for your skating trip, remember?”

“Oh yeah,” he said sitting down at the end of my lounge chair. “Anything happening in May?”

I shook my head, “Nope.”

He smiled, “Then pick a day.”

After looking at the entire month I decided. “May 24th, 2014?” I asked with a smile.

He kissed me lightly, “Sounds good to me.” We hugged then he said, “We could go out there on the 17th for making sure everything gets set up and anytime throughout the week that family can join would be cool. We could take whoever comes out to see some of the stuff we saw in April.”

“That’s an excellent idea Ry,” I smiled.

We called the ones in charge of the Temple in Athens and told them the date. They said ‘wonderful’ and reserved the temple for that day for us. Setting an actual date made me nervous excited. But I was excited none the less.

At Thanksgiving dinner the other night, we told everyone at dinner the date then the next day sent out the ‘Save the Date’ announcements. Now comes the hard part; actually planning everything…

That’s going to be stressful I’m sure…

Love always!