February 12, 2013

Whoo, a lot going on. I suppose I won’t be able to write more than once a month now…

So the Spring Semester started up with a whole new batch of students. Though I was happy to see a lot from lower level classes were now taking higher levels so not a lot of new faces. When I walked into the studio the first day back I knew right away that I had repeating students.

First there was a loud chorus then some congratulations and one student called out, “you go Mrs. Sheckler.” And another said, “damn, look at that rock.”

“Haha, very funny everyone.” I faced the class and they smiled at me. “Thank you for the congratulations but I’m not technically Mrs. Sheckler yet so Jordyn is still an appropriate name to call me by.” That happened in all of my classes except Intro to Hip Hop as none of the students in that class knew me very well. 

Now I sit on my lonely Tuesday evening with only Dollar for company. Right now Ryan is in Australia for a short trip. Though this past weekend I did spend time with Stacey’s youngest daughter Hayley and that was fun. Stacey and her daughters are so nice and it’s great to spend time with them since they’re practically Ryan’s family. And last night I had some quality time with my soon to be Poppa-in-law as we went out to dinner. 

I love Poppa Shecks so much. It’s like he’s always been in my family and has already been a father to me. He’s glad Ryan and I have each other and is pleased to welcome me to the Sheckler Family.

Besides classes, nothing else has been going on. I spend a lot of my time after classes helping students individually and the rest of the time sleeping. Truly a boring life and probably not much interest to anyone reading this but oh well. It’s nice to get things down and documented to look back on. 

Love always!