December 13, 2013

Wow, 2013 went by insanely fast with a lot happening…

That was to distract from me talking about the wedding planning. It didn’t work… So when we had to send out the ‘save the date’ announcements we had to make sure the guest list was locked down first. Let’s unfortunately go back to that.

We know we didn’t want the world there but our world. We wrote down our families first, then our immediate friends. I didn’t mention it out loud but I laughed lightly to myself as I thought ‘Jesse is certainly a no; Ryan would not even consider him as a possibility’. My home-town friends are for sure and Matt as well. We’ve been on really good terms and we’ve spoken and had coffee. He’s doing well at Berkley and even has a girlfriend he thinks might even be his one. Our musician friends and celebrity friends of course are invited at least the ones that are like family. And then I got thinking about the past. Justin had given Ryan the encouragement to come to Madison on the day of my party and that was when we got together. But we haven’t spoken in so long. He travels in different circles than me and has been making shitty decisions that Ryan and I don’t agree with so we had to put him in the no category.

After we were positive about that, then we sent out the announcements. Since then, we’ve had other things to decide. We started with where to have the rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner and reception. Right as we were thinking this, Ryan got a call.

“This is Ryan,” he answered. “Oh yes,” he laughed, “we were just thinking about that actually.” He nodded, “Yes please…. Thank you so much… right, we’ll see you then. Goodbye.” I arched a brow at him. “That was Athens,” he replied, “they figured if we were getting married, we’d need a place for dinner and a reception. Remember that café just down the hill?”

“Oh yeah, it has a great view of the Temple.” I said.

He nodded, “Exactly. So they took the liberty of reserving the building for the night before and the entire wedding day so we can use it for anything we need.”

“Awesome, the guests can hang out there before then get carted up the hill.”

Ryan nodded, “Now we need a golf cart supplier in Athens,” he said as he wrote that down on the list of things we needed to do. He looked up, “It’s funny, the more we do, the less we cross off.”

I sighed, “I know. At least you can cross off Rehearsal and Reception venue.”

He nodded then put a line through the two of those then shook his head at me while he smiled. Next we picked out tables, chairs, center pieces, and food. Ugh, still so much to do but glad to have the holidays to set it aside for a bit and spend time with family.

Love always!