Chapter Ten - Back to Hogwarts

On New Year's Day Lyra shared breakfast with her old friends and they made promises that they would remain in contact in the months to come. They parted ways, all of them leaving via the Floo Network. Their visit had spurred on Narcissa's encouragement towards finding a husband with a strong suggestion that Ilya would be great for her. He was a strong, well mannered man from an affluent family with a job similar to her Uncle's, if they ended up together she wouldn't have to a work a day in her life much like Narcissa. Lyra was amused at her Aunt's suggestion knowing that Ilya was in fact with Feliks and that she was more career driven.

The remaining four days of Lyra's holidays went by quickly and without incident. She still hadn't heard back from Severus which at that point in time was more unnerving than disappointing. What if he just wanted to end it all and they would just lose the friendship they had built over the past four months? Lyra didn't allow herself to dwell on these negative thoughts, instead she focused on spending time with her family, even listening to the rubbish her Uncle spouted about recent rumours.

When the time finally came for her departure Draco began to weep. His display of emotions was scolded by his parents, "Men that are pure simply do not cry." Draco settled as Lyra gave him a tight hug and a kiss with promises that she would come back soon and write to him whenever it was possible.

Hogwarts was as empty as Lyra had left it. She expected for some of the students to have returned by now with the majority arriving back over the weekend but she was incorrect. She made her way back to her classroom with the want to prepare for the classes to come. As she walked around the Serpentine corridor she bumped into the Potions Master.

"Ah, Severus," she said, "How has your holidays been?"

"Dull," he said plainly. "Would you like me to help you carry your things?"

"Sure," she replied.

The two walked around, passing by a few students on the way. She suspected this was his reasoning behind the offer but she still found it strange that she needed to justify her public appearances with Severus. They arrived at her classroom and entered, going up the stairs to her office. Severus set her suitcase down and she leaned on her desk, watching on.

"So," she said rather dramatically. Severus' brows rose, prompting her to continue. "What's the plan?"

"The plan?"

"The plan," she emphasised. "Do you want me or not, Severus?"

"More than you know," he said.

"Was I right?" she asked, her tongue darting out from between her lips.

He smirked, "Why don't you tell me?" He approached her and grabbed her hand, sliding it to the front of pants. She felt his erection straining against the material. Her stomach filled with warmth as she knew that she was the one responsible for his arousal.

Lyra pulled out her wand, directing it at the door and locking it. Severus leaned over the witch who was sitting on her desk and kissed her. Lyra returned the kiss with the same passion and ferocity that her partner was portraying. She melted into his embrace as his hands began fidgeting with her clothing, desperate to undress her.

"Are you going to fuck me over my own desk?" she asked.

"It's payback for making me think about fucking you every night that's passed," he said as he pulled her top off. "Now every time you're grading papers you can think of me bringing you to orgasm."

Severus kissed the newly revealed skin which was covered in goosebumps as it was exposed to the cold air in her office. Lyra's eyes drifted closed as she savoured his touch, his mouth exploring the tops of her breasts whilst his hands sat on her waist. One hand moved delicately up her back and undid the clasp of her bra, freeing her breasts. Her erect nipples were warmed by the heat of his mouth, his tongue and teeth teasing one whilst the other was fondled by his hand.