29

Surprisingly enough, my mother was pretty civil for the two days she stayed with us. She would only shoot me wry looks whenever David wasn't looking, and she was nothing but nice to him. David thought that his plan had worked and I actually had a motherly figure in my life. He was happy, so I was happy.

That didn't mean I wasn't ecstatic to see her go. Waving her off in the driveway with the fakest smile I could muster up, I felt nothing but joy. I had finally done what I needed to do; I closed up the chapter in my life that had been open for years. Suddenly, Dylan didn't matter anymore. He took advantage of me, and I got over it. I didn't need him to make me feel special anymore. I was at a low point in my life when I dated him, and I understood it now. I wasn't damaged or hurt, I was human.

My parents didn't matter anymore either. I thought seeing my mom would make me realize that my dad was an evil person and my mom was an innocent victim, but that wasn't the case. She hurt me just as much and as unapologetically as he did. I could either burn the bridge and get over it or dwell on it for the rest of my life. With David beside me, it wasn't a difficult decision.

The last three months of my pregnancy were simultaneously the slowest and fastest months of my life. Towards the end, I had gotten so big that I could barely keep my balance while walking. Waddling everywhere was good for David's vlog footage collection, but bad for my self esteem. I started growing nervous about my weight and how many people were seeing me, and it got to the point where I didn't even want to go anywhere. That was only made worse by the fact that the bigger I got, the more people wanted to hang out with me.

I understood it. The clickbait of having David Dobrik's humongous pregnant girlfriend in your vlog was too good not to use. I think they all wanted to be around me when my water broke, so every day in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I was asked over and over again if people could come over or if they could pick me up. I would've said no, but they always, always bribed me with food, and as a heavily pregnant woman, I took what I could get.

The day that my water broke, I was with Zane, Brandon, Todd, and Corinna. They brought me every spicy food they could think of (to induce labor, of course) and sat with me for hours, asking me millions of questions about my pregnancy.

"Do you guys have the name picked out yet?" Zane asked for the millionth time, his arm around my shoulders keeping me from moving away.

"Yes," I finally sighed, dipping my head in shame at the fact that I actually told someone. I recovered quickly, saying, "But you don't get to know until he's out!"

"Is it Jonah?" Brandon joked, and I rolled my eyes. David told them that I loved the name Jonah, but didn't necessarily want my child to seem like it was named after Jonah/Nick, so we had to find a new name.

"I wish," I laughed, placing my hands on my belly, a habit that I couldn't get out of. "David really fucked up with the Jonah nickname. Jonah Dobrik sounds really good, in my opinion."

"Just tell one of us the name!" Corinna begged, her camera focused on me. "Preferably the one who has been super supportive of you the whole pregnancy, but..."

"Oh, so me?" Zane acted shocked and then wrapped an arm around Corinna. "Thanks, Rin. I always knew I could count on you."

"I meant me," she smiled at me, wiggling her eyebrows in a way that was so precious, it almost made me break. I stayed strong though, knowing how many likes David wanted to get on his Instagram picture. It was a kind of convoluted way of thinking, but David's livelihood insisted he remained popular, so I would do whatever I could to help him.

"Are you nervous?" Todd asked while playing with his hair. I thought for a second.

"Maybe a little," I shrugged, looking down at my stomach with a soft smile. "I don't know how to explain it. I'm, like, scared, obviously? Because I'm only twenty two and a literal life is about to be placed into my hands and I'm supposed to raise them to be responsible and good. It's hard to explain, though, because David... he just makes it easy. I'm not worried about anything when we're together."

"He's going to be a good dad," Corinna said, her eyes lighting up. "He's so playful and sweet. Your child is going to be head over heels for him."

"I know. That might be the issue," I half joked, smiling when the others thought it was sort of funny too. "I feel like he's going to like David way more than he likes me."

"At the end of the day, it's your tits he's drinking out of," Zane said, no sense of a joking tone or laughter afterwards. "Close up those glands if he likes David more.

"Well, when you put it that way..." I giggled, poking him in the side and then using all of my power to stand up. I always thought soon to be moms were exaggerating when they said they couldn't move, but I could hardly lean forward or stand up without help. "I really have to pee. If I need help, I'll yell for you, Corinna."

"That's a lovely image," Zane mumbled, and I made sure to kick his shin on my way out. I only laughed when I heard him gasp.

I did my business and as I was struggling to wipe, I felt a stream of liquid coming out of me quickly. Looking down at the soaked toilet paper in my hands. I noticed a thick mucus. Holy fuck. I was having a fucking baby.

"Holy fuck, holy fuck, holy fuck," I mumbled, standing quickly and pulling my underwear back up under my dress. All I could think about was David. "Holy fuck, holy fuck!"

I made my way back to the living room, probably looking crazy from how out of breath and shook I looked. I asked, "Where's David again?"

"A meeting with Youtube or something," Brandon told me, skeptically raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I think you need to call him. My water just broke."

"What?" Corinna and Todd asked in shock simultaneously.

"I'm having a fucking baby!" I yelled back, quickly grabbing the "go" bag we had ready for the past week and hurrying out the door. "Let's go! I'm about to pop out a fucking baby! Let's go!"

ONE MORE CHAPTER AHHHHH IM STRESSED!!!!

if u didn't see, ive uploaded the first chapter to my new book bridges!!! check it out if you havent already, and let me know whatu think!! i love the idea and i love "adventure" books so eeeek

please vote comment and follow if u enjoy xoxo abby