-

After the talk with Ashton, the day went by in a blur. All of her notebooks were already filled with scribbles and random things she's heard during class.

Scarlett didn't bother with the bus, figuring that she could deal with the walk. She wanted to walk in the warm weather anyway and enjoy the quiet.

She was almost halfway to her house when someone called out from behind her, "Need a walking buddy?"

Scarlett realized it was Ashton, and she sent him a wide smile. He started to walk a little faster to catch up to her.

"Hey, Ashton," She greeted.

"You don't have to call me Ashton all the time, you know,"

"Yeah? What should I call you?" Scarlett asked, an eyebrow raised in interest.

"I don't care, Ash is cool." Ashton replied, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Scarlett thought about it before giggling hysterically, "Ashly? Ashlyn?"

Ashton threw his head back and groaned, "Oh, God,"

"That's you're new name," She laughed, reaching up and pinching his cheek.

Ashton swatted her hands away, earning another giggle from the girl, "Where do you live anyway?"

Scarlett pointed forward, "About one block from here, so we're close."

Ashton nodded, "We should be over around 7:30 if that's okay."

Scarlett nodded, "That should be perfect, let me give you my number."

The two swapped phones and handed them back to one another. Scarlett looked at his contact name and said, "I'm changing the name, Ashlyn."

Ashton rolled his eyes and hit her arm playfully. A comfortable silence blanketed over the two and Scarlett didn't mind. It was nice just to have someone walk with her.

Scarlett put her hands in her jacket pockets, "So is Luke a natural asshole?"

"Okay, I know today made it seem like it, but that's not who he is. He's a really cool guy once you get to know him," Ashton explained.

To Scarlett, Luke made it look like being an asshole was a profession. He treated her like shit when the group was together, but he wasn't as bad when they walked together in the hallway. She bit her tongue before she said something she'll regret.

She just nodded and pointed out her house, "This is mine."

As she walked up the steps to her house, he waved her goodbye and continued walking down the street.

Scarlett opened the door and tossed her bag by the door frame and closed the door. She made a mental note to rush her book bag upstairs before her mom flipped out.

"Mum?" She called out, started to wonder around into the kitchen.

"In here," Her mum, Amelia, called out from the living room.

Scarlett leaned against the door frame of the living room, watching her mum wrapping the cord up from the vacuum.

"Hey, mum," Scarlett greeted, taking a bite out of the apple she snagged from the kitchen, "What you up to?"