- phone calls/hallway brawls -

Start from the beginning

And surprisingly, instead of just imagining it, Elenora witnessed the can roll two feet away from Logan. Glancing up with a grin, Logan reaches for it again, but a smirk that settle on Elenora's face wanted to can to move a little more.

And it did.

Then Logan stood up.

"Well clearly it's you," he proclaimed, squinting at Elenora who was still staring at the can. "No other kid in the school would bother to piss off a guy with claws," he huffed, leaning forward again to grab the can, that moved an inch before he grabbed it. When he met Elenora's smile, he advised, "Maybe work on your speed before you start messing with the big guns, kid."

"Oh and you're the big guns?" Elenora jested, momentarily forgetting that she had just met this guy a day ago. It was like she had known him longer. "Then I'll take my chances."

Logan sent her an agitated expression that they both knew was just a joke, and but Elenora could say anything else, Logan suggested that she head to class and straighten out her attitude.

"Sure thing Professor Logan! My attitude will be squeaky clean by the time I'm done with history, I promise!"

Elenora was rushing from her last period class to dinner- she had recently learned that if she didn't hurry, some students would be up for seconds at desserts before she'd even reached a decision between a hot dog or salad.

At her side appeared her new best friend, Bridgit.

"Where are you headed so determinedly?" Bridgit asked as she fell into step with Elenora's quick pace as the pair navigated their way through the hallway.

"I'm getting the Oreo pudding," Elenora stages in a matter-of-fact tone, not letting her eyes wander away from the path she was mapping out in front of her. "I will not miss the Oreo Pudding- not this time."

"Are you running to the dining hall?" Bridigit asked, grabbing Elenora's wrist so she didn't lose the girl. "El, we aren't even eating in the dining hall tonight."

Elenora stopped in her tracks, almost getting run over by the herd of 11th graders coming at her, but Bridgit pulled her against the wall before she could get trampled.

Before Elenora could protest, Bridgit offered an explanation, "It's movie night. The entire student body gets pizza in the foyer and Prof X projects a movie on this huge sheet. It's tons of fun."

"Oh," Elenora said plainly. She still had a lot to learn about this school.

Noticing her friend's expression, Bridgit said, "C'mon, lets go get our pillows and blankets and make sure we get some pizza."

Vince was sitting in the left midsection of the foyer with hind, and Elenora and Bridgit navigated their way to him with their own pillows tucked under their arms and blankets wrapped around their shoulders.

"Hey!" he greeted, patting the floor next to him. Bridgit tossed her pillow at Vince's face before unfolding her blanket and laying it down, and the motioned for Elenora to do the same. As she followed Bridgit's lead, Elenora's gaze wandered around the room- half the room was full already, and people were still crowding the entrances.

When Elenora looked up and saw a girl levitating on her blanket like it was Aladdin, she wasn't worried about the space anymore. For the first time, Elenora believed that everything was handled.

"What movie?" Elenora asked, but Bridgit didn't know either.

After they had gotten their pizza, chips, and sodas, Bridgit and Elenora lied back on their pillows and waited. Vince beside them was on his phone, looking stressed. Elenora wanted to ask if he was alright, but figure they won't close enough, to be honest.