Prologue

July 30, 2014 // 2:49 pm

"Make sure you're listening in at three o'clock for a chance to win two VIP tickets to the band that is rewriting the rules of rock music; Five Seconds of Summer!"

I woke up in the passenger seat of my mom's cheap SUV just seconds later, "What about 5sos? What did the radio guy say!?"

My mom looked at me with concerned blue eyes, "He said that Five Seconds of Summer have broken up, sweetie. I'm so sorry."

Yeah right. My mom always does things like this to me, jokes around, tries to be all cool but ends up being incredibly lame. I do appreciate the effort, though.

"Mom, don't lie to me."

She let out a giggle. "The guy said that at three o'clock they're giving away VIP tickets to see 5sos."

Okay, now I'm listening. "WHAT! Mom, we have to call in!" I shouted.

"Jesus, Beatrice. Calm down."

"You know I don't like it when you call me 'Beatrice'. And Mom, you know how much I love them. I need to win those tickets!" Begging her, my heart starts to race and my hands start to shake the slightest bit. Finally, this is my chance!

"Alright. But if we don't win, which we probably won't, promise me you won't pout for a month like you did when we couldn't get tickets to see One Direction."

"Oh my god, Mom. Don't even bring that up right now."

My mother gave me a glare.

"Ugh, fine. I promise I won't pout."

She smiled with accomplishment. "Than, yes, we can try."

My mom never really understood why I loved music and musical artists so much. When she took me to see Fifth Harmony in Milwaukee because the tickets were cheap and I cried my eyes out, she was so confused. I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy. But the truth is, I don't really understand it either. I've just become so infatuated with all of these strangers that no longer feel like strangers. They've helped me through so much.

When my dad and sister were killed instantly in a car accident, I sat in my room for days. I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't speak. I'd be laying in my bed listening to my music and they were my only way out of my mess of a life. Something about them have just helped heal me.

After half of my family was gone, everyone insisted I go to therapy, but I didn't need it. I actually refused to go, so even if I did need it I kept telling myself I didn't. Those 9 boys were all I felt like I needed. They've truly saved me, and there will be a day that I'll be able to thank them. Maybe today will be the day my fate is decided.

* * * * * *

"Okay, everyone. get your phones and fingers ready," the man on the radio announced.

It was 3:04 pm and I knew what he was going to say.

"Whoever is the tenth caller to this radio station is getting two VIP tickets to 5sos' concert at Tinley Park on the First of August. It's time, guys. Call, call, call."

"C'mon, Mom!" I squealed as I quickly typed in the radio's call number. Mom put her ear to her phone at the same time as me. "Please," I kept repeating to myself.

My mom and I waited with our phones for what seemed like hours, until suddenly the man on the radio spoke again. "Hey there, caller number ten. What's your name?"

"I'm sorry, Bea," my mom sighed.

Right when she said that, my heart was beating faster than ever before as I opened my mouth to speak. "I'm Bea."

My mother's mouth dropped.

"Well Bea, looks like you're seeing Five Seconds of Summer live in Illinois. With VIP tickets! You know what that means right?" The radio dude asked.

"No."

The host explained everything, "It means that you'll be hanging backstage with the boys after the show! And we've also got a deal for you to sing a song on stage with them!"

"Oh my god," was all that could escape my shocked mouth. "Thank you so much."

"Of course, Bea. Now you sit tight so I can give you the details. Hold on a sec."

I don't think I'll ever stop smiling.

~~~

Hiii. This is my kind of fresher version of this story. I started to write it before but took it down right away because I hated how it was. But I hope you like the little prologue. It was exactly 500 words lol.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I won't give up on this fanfic like I did before. x

-

(UPDATE: August 2014) They literally just gave away 5sos tickets on my local radio station to caller number 10. I finished writing this prologue like 30 minutes before. That's so scarily coincidental and I'm literally shaking.

-

(UPDATE: Early January 2015) Okay so now I made this chapter first person. I will slowly be making the rest of the story first person. I'm also might try to add on to some chapters and make them better. Love you guys!

-

(UPDATE: Late January 2015) And once again I am here with another update. It finally looks and sounds the way I want it to. It's also my friend's birthday so shoutout to my girl, Shannon haha. I hope you guys had a good day. Love you even more than last time!