Chapter 10

August 2nd // 9:50 pm

As we began to walk back to the hotel it was getting chilly outside. The temperature had dropped drastically and I had visibly noticeable goosebumps on the parts my body that weren't covered with fabric. Luke had already put on a sweatshirt right before we left the park. He asked me if i wanted to switch out my denim jacket for an extra sweatshirt that he'd brought with him in the bag that slung over his shoulder, but I refused. I could tell he noticed me shivering.

Luke slowed down, walked right up behind me, and wrapped his long arms around me. He rubbed my arms gently with his sweater paws, warming me. Luke rested his head on my left shoulder as we walked awkwardly, trying not to step on each other's feet.

"You don't have to-" I began, but Luke stopped me mid sentence.

"Shh. You know you like it." I could tell he was smirking.

"Oh please," I said, rolling my eyes.

We both giggled as we got to the crosswalk. My hotel was just across the street.

Realizing there were a bunch of fans probably still at the hotel, Luke and I untangled our arms. We walked side by side like normal acquaintances would. We walked through the lobby as quiet as christmas mice, trying to not draw attention to ourselves, and practically ran to the elevator. To our surprise, the hotel seemed way less hectic than last night.

"What's your floor again?" Luke asked.

"Thirteen," I answered.

Luke pushed the button to the thirteenth floor and stepped closer to me. He laced his fingers with mine for the thousandth time today. We were side by side and I leaned my head on Luke's arm, not being able to reach his shoulder at my height.

"I'm gonna miss you," Luke exhaled.

The elevator doors opened and we walked out of the small, moving room. Just down the hall was my room. This was the end of our date, the end of our relationship, the end of our connection. I didn't want to leave him after all we did today, despite how tired I had become.

When we arrived at the door of my hotel room, we just stared at each other, not saying a word. Luke wrapped his arms back around me. I did the same. Both of Luke's arms were around my shoulders and my head was resting against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. It wasn't beating incredibly fast, but it was definitely not at a normal speed.

"Do Americans kiss on the first date?" He asked. I looked up at him. He arched one of his eyebrows.

I knew what he was doing. "Not normally."

"Well it's a good thing I'm pure Australian." Without hesitation Luke pressed his lips to mine. His kiss made my heart flutter and my stomach flip.

As our lips touched again, someone opened the door to our hotel; Stella. I couldn't see her but I could tell her jaw dropped. Luke and I stopped kissing, the remnant of his lips still on my own, and began speaking gibberish to Stella.

"Oh my god!" Stel shouted. "You just-"

"Yeah." Luke pushed Stella and I into our room, shutting the door behind him.

"Stella, try not to freak out. I know this is pretty crazy to you but we need you to-" I was interrupted once again.

"YOU KISSED LUKE HEMMINGS!" Stella yelled.

"Shhh!" Luke and I said simultaneously.

"You what?" Jenn jumped up from her bed and dashed over to her best friend. When she saw Luke she practically fainted. "You... You're Luke... I love you."