Chapter 12

August 2nd // 10:50 pm

While I look myself over one last time in the mirror, Luke starts humming a little tune that is muffled by the door between us.

You look fine, I thought. I unlock the door and turn the knob, exiting the bathroom.

Luke was already under the covers and had put a glass of water on the bedside table on my side of the mattress.

"C'mere," Luke said. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his arms.

"You are a dream, Luke Hemmings." My head was nuzzled into his neck.

"That's what they tell me," Luke chuckled.

I sit up, grab the glass of water Luke had set out for me, and take a sip.

"Why do you do that?" Luke asked.

"Do what?"

"Lift up your pinky when you drink. Are you secretly a princess?" Luke interrogated.

"No. Are you secretly a rock star?"  I mimiced.

Luke put his hands up, surrendering. "You got me."

While I was in the bathroom Luke had changed into a pair of sweatpants and had thrown his dirty laundry into a pile on top of his suitcase.

"What time is it?" I questioned.

"Uh..." Luke checks his phone. "It's ten fifty-nine."

"Woah. It's not even late and I'm already sleepy."

"You wanna sleep?" Luke offered.

I shrugged, rubbing my eyes as I did.

"I'll take that as a yes." Luke laid down, making himself comfortable.

I looked at him and smiled. He didn't have his lip ring in anymore. I knew he took it out while he slept.

Trying to make myself at home, I laid down as well. My pillow was soft and made my head sink deep into it. The mattress was firm and was way more comfortable than any bed I had. Unintentionally, I laid far away from Luke.

"Tris, it's okay for you to touch me," Luke said, shifting closer to me. He draped his arm around my waist and began kissing my neck again. "Is this okay?"

"Mmm hmm," I replied, not managing to come up with words.

Luke's lips trailed up and down my neck until he began kissing my cheek. As he did he moved his hand up to my face. He gently pushed my face towards his and our lips connected, making my whole body turn to face him. I took my hands and placed them in Luke's hair, tugging on the ends. He took his hands again and pulled my right leg over his waist.

Soon our kisses began getting slower and slower and we could tell we were both about to pass out. I was the first to stop, moving my head to rest on his chest.

"Ugh, I'm so overheated," Luke complained sleepily.

"Do you have any shorts?" I suggested, my eyes closed.

"Not clean ones."

"Well then just sleep shirtless, dweeb."

"Fine." He shifts, making me lift my head up. Luke took off his shirt and threw it into the pile on his suitcase. Laying back down he said, "Goodnight, Tris."

I laid on his bare chest and replied, "Goodnight."

* * * * * *

We woke up with our bodies tangled in knots. Luke and I's legs were intertwined with one another's and our arms were wrapped tightly around each other. He was playing with my hair when I first opened my eyes in the morning.