Chapter 4

August 1st // 10:52 pm

By the time 5sos finished their last song countless tears had ran down my cheeks and my voice had practically vanished.

I still couldn't believe that they were real. Those tickets were practically impossible to win, but this is a whole new level of imponderable luck. Nothing there could've been real. It had to have been a figment of my imagination.

"Thank you guys so much for coming out to see us tonight. We love you and thanks for all the support!" Ashton kindly said into his mic.

Calum, Luke, Ashton, and Michael all walk up to the edge of the stage and did a group bow. They were all smiling and giggly.

The band waved goodbye and quickly walked off the stage.

Now I get to go backstage, I thought. At the time I thought making a mental to-do list would help me be less frantic. Believe me when I tell you I was so wrong. All I have to do is walk out of The Pit and find Chuck.

I turned away from the stage to try and exit The Pit. So many girls were trying to leave at once it would've taken me at least fifteen minutes to move past just ¼ of the crowd. There were girls in cropped tops and high-waisted jeans elbowing girls in black skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors. Looking at it now, it's kind of like a metaphor for how two totally different groups of people can come together. Even if it is only for a couple of hours.

Someone tapped on my shoulder, making me turn back toward the stage; it was the bodyguard that escorted me onstage just an hour or so ago.

"Bea, Chuck is waiting for you backstage. C'mon, I'll take you," the guard explained. He unlatched the barricade and began guiding me to Chuck's location.

When we reached him, Chuck spoke; "Hey, Bea." He walked up and hugged me tighter than expected. "How was the concert?"

"It was just..." I hesitated a moment. How could I describe it without being too over the top and cheesy. "It was just... wow," I answered. "Thank you so much, Chuck. Seriously."

Chuck laughed a little. "Of course. Now, are you ready to meet the guys?"

Probably not, I thought. Lying, I answered, "I think so."

"Their dressing room is right down there," Chuck pointed down the hall.

As I walked to their room a few people from the radio station with cameras silently followed me. I didn't really mind them, having that moment captured on video was actually something I hoped would happen anyways.

Chuck was behind me when I reached the door. "Go on. Open it. Actually, you should probably knock first."

With shaky hands, I lightly knocked on the door. I was so nervous. Finally I'd be able to meet the four boys who've helped me through so much. Finally I'd be able to actually hug Luke in real life. Dreaming about him really wasn't cutting it anymore.

"Come in," A thick Australian accent spoke. Ashton.

I put my hand on the knob but couldn't turn it. I just stood there. Frozen.

"Oh my god, just move." Chuck nudged me out of the way and opened the door himself. "Hi, boys," he said loudly.

They were all standing there at the door.

"Hi, um..." Michael didn't know Chuck's name.

"Chuck Wess. I'm from the radio station that Bea won the tickets from," Chuck explained.

"Bea?" Luke's head peered out the door. Did his face really light up just by hearing my name?

"She's right here." Chuck grabbed my arm and yanked me in front of the door.