Chapter 9

August 2nd // 12:58 pm

When Luke and I arrived at the museum it's 12:58. The building was enormous and had massive white pillars like at the Lincoln Monument in Washington D.C. The instant we entered the building I was amazed by all the beautiful pieces of art. Even the architecture seemed to have some sort of majestic and artistic feel to it. Right at the entrance was a painting of a roman woman.

Luke walked up to the plaque that had all the paintings information, still holding my hand and pulling me along behind him. "Her name's Maxima," he said matter-of-factly.

"Isn't she a beaut."

Luke arched his right brow. "She has a unibrow."

"So do you," I said jokingly.

"That's beside the point," Luke continued, ignoring my obvious insult.

I laughed. "Beauty comes from within."

Luke took his finger and pointed to a sentence from the plaque. "It says here that she would poison innocent people during the roman era."

"She lied to me," I joked again. "I can't believe I trusted her."

"I know it hurts now, Tris, but everything will be okay." Luke grabbed my hand again and we walked over to a marble sculpture.

"Tris?" I questioned.

"Yeah. You're name's Beatrice like the Divergent girl and I thought it was clever," He explained.

I nodded, liking the idea.

The sculpture was of a man with a crow on his shoulder. He had a brave look on his face and his arms were extremely muscular. Luke stood next to the marble man and mimicked his expression.

I just smiled. I walked over to Luke and wrapped my hands around his waist, hugging him. He hugged me back, resting his chin on the top of my head like he did the day we met.

"You're a cutie," Luke stated.

"Right back atchya." My words were muffled by his Offspring shirt.

"I love this little fling we've got going on." Luke was cheerful.

"Same." Fling? Okay, at least I know I shouldn't get too caught up in this relationship because he obviously thinks this isn't a long-term thing. This is good, Bea. You know what he's thinking. This is good.

We walked up the wooden stairs that creaked as we stepped on the boards. You'd think that at such a pristine looking art museum would have better flooring, but nope. The second floor was filled with canvas painting that hung on each wall. Everywhere you looked there was a different piece of art. A painting of a city caught my eye.

Silently, I walked up to the art piece to admire it. The effortless-looking stokes of the buildings and the bright lights were fascinating.

"Wait, don't move," Luke said, backing up. "I want to take a picture of you."

"Why?" I asked, staying frozen in my traces.

"Because you just look so perfect."

I don't get how he thought that. My outfit consisted of an plain old black shirt, leggings, my the same docs I wore to the concert, and my denim jacket. My hair is way too long and almost reaches my hips. It's a dark brown color and has the worst split ends known to man. Luke took out his phone. I heard the obnoxious sound an iPhone makes when you take a picture. Luke put his phone back in his pocket and stood next to me again.

"I wish I could paint like this." I was still looking at the painting after three minutes passed, studying it if you will.

"C'mon, let's look at the third floor. It's the last floor until we move on to our final destination for our little adventure." Luke grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the painting and up the second flight of creaky steps.