Chapter 35 - Marcus Pierce

Start from the beginning

The place is a bit trashed – strew of plastic, papers, table napkins, and empty bottles of Amrita are over the untrimmed grass. But everyone is already cleaning it up. They have dust pans, grass trimmers, a huge black bag for trashes, and any cleaning material. Marcus bites his lower lip, eyeing the broom that is rested over the tree, not being used.

"You don't have to do it." I tell him, slinging my arm around his shoulder and pulling him closer. He blushes, letting his bangs fall over his brown eyes and I frown, brushing it away. "I always want to see your eyes."

"It's just... everyone's looking and it's awkward." He reasons, pouting in the process.

"You were a basketball player and I bet those games you played, a lot of people were watching you." My mate shakes his head.

"This is different," oh. "They are staring at me, at us, because they know we had... sex and it's weirding me out and it's embarrassing." His cheeks are now a deep shade of red and he looks like a tomato. Almost everyone notices how red he is but nobody dares to comment. He may be a human, but he's no ordinary mortal. Who knows what could happen if he got provoked – he might unleash something unworldly powers.

I've been thinking about it, really. I know for a fact that he became the first Guardian of the Mortals, not because of me, a Guardian of the Werewolves. No, it's something deeper. There's more to it. I can feel it. I promise to unravel every mystery and secrets behind this. But other than that, I couldn't be more proud of my mate, of us. We took a long road to get here, and I can't believe that we're already mated – bounded. And it's stronger than I ever thought. Maybe it's because we have the same connection, a power that we can tap from the spiritual realm, or maybe it's because we love each other deeply.

His back is on me, neck exposed as everyone catches a sniff of him. His scent is wafting through the air, reminding everyone that he's already taken and mated to me. Nigel, despite being shy and awkward, smiles genuinely at them. Kieran and Dave run towards him, slinging their arms around his neck. At first a flare of jealousy burns in my chest, and my wolf growls inside my head, but when my mate looks at me, his eyes glinting with genuine happiness that makes my heart swell, I know that they pose no threat and that Nigel belongs with me and only me. They both take him away and begin to talk.

My best friends join me, Cloud on my left and Perry on my right. We all stare at our mates with a smile playing on our lips, and we know for a fact that we've been thinking the same thing – our mate is here, and there's nothing or no one that can separate us.

"Man, I can't believe that we've all found our true love..." Perry begins, shaking his head as an amusing smirk tugs on his lips. He eyes us and crosses his arms across his chest. "Who would have thought that the big three would find their mates, though we went through hard stuff just to get them, and be contented? And when it comes to our mates, we still have something in common – they are males."

Cloud laughs as he runs a hand across his face and Perry joins him. "Yeah, that's fucking awesome. Kieran, Dave, and Nigel. They weaved themselves into our lives and be part of it, and though it's not really them but the Good Goddess' works, they unknowingly wrapped us around their little fingers." His big smile turns into a small smile, his eyes now trained on his mate, Kieran. "And I can't believe I'm getting married with him..."

"Eh, how's that going?" Perry asks as he puts a hand on Cloud's shoulder. I turn to face him. "Dave likes the thought of us being married too, but he says we're too young. I told him my point and that we're together, like forever, but he didn't listen to me... but..."

"But...?" I push, arching a brow at him.

"He's been thinking about adopting..." There are a lot of orphaned pups in the werewolf community. We have one center here in the town. Those pups are either a result of a two werewolves not mated, or their parents left them. "He likes kids, pups, you know. And I'd always find him in the garden, playing with the kids and I saw in my own eyes that he really wants to have a kid."

"Well, I'd say push it." Cloud offers and I nod my head, agreeing. "You both would be a great dads. Those orphaned pups really you, us. I think after Kieran and I's married, we'd have a talk about adopting. It hasn't really crossed my mind, not until you mentioned it to me. And the marriage? It's going smooth. Kieran wanted something simpler, but I wanted it to be grand."

"Who won?" I smirk, knowing the answer already.

Cloud huffs and blows an air, shaking his head. Perry and I topple over, laughing as we throw our heads back.

"Dang it, we're all whipped." I chortle and we both start laughing again. Our little fun earns a few heads turning our ways, but they immediately head back to cleaning or doing their own stuff. Nigel has a yellow flower tucked behind his ear and he has a grin tugged on his lips. He must have sensed me staring at him because he turns his head and meets my eyes, then he waves. "Amor meu..."

My love.

******

Author's Note: HOW'RE Y'ALL DOING? We're getting near the end and yikes, I gotta tell you, Nigel will unlock something powerful and I can't wait to tell you all what's going to happen! Man, I've been thinking about this scene inside my head and I see the bigger picture, and I just want to like rapidly type and publish the next chapter already but I want to wait and make it more perfect.

Instagram: JMSenar
Twitter: JMSenar