Chapter 7 - Marcus Pierce

CHAPTER 7
MARCUS PIERCE

Without realizing it, Nigel is becoming jealous of me hanging out with Blaine Maximus. Now I'm pretty sure that he feels the pull – and it's strong. It's so strong that he can't even deny it. And it's a good thing because this is the first time that we've really met and I thought that he'd deny it, avoid me because he'd think that whatever's going on inside him is pretty weird to be felt by a guy. When Blaine decided to go to the restroom just to take a pee, my mate Nigel stood up after Blaine went out the room and he walked right up to me, telling me that I shouldn't be hanging out with Blaine because he's basically a troublemaker. To be honest, it amused me that he was telling me the reason why I shouldn't hang out with Blaine; it's so cute of him, really. Unknowingly he's jealous of Blaine. It's evident in his eyes – only werewolves will know that he's being jealous. Blaine knows that Nigel is my mate, and he knows that Nigel is jealous of him. Without admitting it out loud, Blaine knows that I'm sort of using him as one of the tools to make my mate mine.

Blaine has shared a lot of stuff to me, like Yu-Gi-Oh, manga and anime. He told me that he's the geeky werewolf that likes to be alone with books, a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in hand while reading, rather than socializing with other werewolves because he doesn't believe that a werewolf is his mate. He believes that his mate is a human.

Movies, Nigel said with his eyes twinkling bright in excitement. He basically had a bargain with me; when I told him that Blaine's a cool person, that he told me about Yu-Gi-Oh and other stuff, Nigel's nose practically fumed. My mate told me that Blaine is weird, and in a way, Blaine really is, but it's because he's a werewolf. I tried so hard just to not smile wide in front of him because it would creep the hell of my mate out, so I fought hard against it. Nigel told me that he could offer something better – he told me about anime, and I told him that Blaine already told me that, then he settled with movies. Nigel seems to know a lot of movies.

Though I'm not really a big fan of movies, when I saw the way his eyes twinkled when he mentioned movies, I knew right then that watching movies is his favorite; he seems like a movie-enthusiast. If there's a trip to get closer to him faster, then it's my chance. I told him that Blaine hasn't told me about movies yet and he smiled smugly, feeling proud that Blaine hadn't told me everything. It made my heart swell with happiness, knowing that my mate is unknowingly ripping the connection between me and Blaine. If Nigel were aware that he's my mate and vice versa, and he told me to not hang out with Blaine, I would totally do so. But for now I love seeing him jealous over something that really isn't there.

I'm grinning ear to ear and Blaine comes into view, taking a seat beside me. "So something interesting happened then, I take it." He says to me as his eyes twinkle in anticipation, hoping that I'd spill it out later. I nod at him, smiling brightly.

I thought that it's going to be harder staying here than I thought. But my mate being around me, and another werewolf, it's enough to keep me sane because I swear I don't really like interacting much with humans at all. Yes, Blaine Maximus is a werewolf.

When he told me about it, I got this ridiculous thought that someone found my identity somehow, in a short period of time since I just got here. But then Blaine told me that he's a werewolf and is finding his mate. He didn't really exactly go into details, but the moment he saw me, he knew then and there that I'm a werewolf and is finding my mate. And he was right. I asked him why I couldn't – can't – sense him being a werewolf; he told me that he has this perfume that will mask the real scent when applied. I asked him why he's hiding his scent. His response was only a shrug, and I didn't pry anymore. He told me his pack is three counties away, and that he's only staying here for the sake of meeting hopefully his mate. Because he strongly believes that his mate will be here. There's one thing I don't want to share to him, though; I don't want to tell him that I'm the Guardian of the Werewolves.