Chapter 33 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 33
Marcus Pierce

Finally, I can now breathe okay and well. It's been rough week for me, but now that I'm home, I can finally snuggle up with my mate all day and night. Ever since I went to another pack to do my task, I've been missing my mate. It was making me anxious, scared even, but the only resolution was to get the negotiation done as soon as possible. I can't be away with my mate for so long, especially now that I know he's waiting for me. And today I went home with a huge excitement bubbling inside me.

"Hey, welcome home," Cloud greets me as he wraps his arms around me, patting my back. Perry is behind him, smiling as he gives me a salute. "He's been waiting."

"He's not going home," Perry whispers, looking over his shoulder to see if my mate is anywhere on sight. "Nigel has been spending his time here and he refused to come home, in his house. And he doesn't know that you're coming home today. Not a single clue."

"He's with Dave and Kieran," Cloud adds in, giving me another pat on my back. "Go surprise him. They are in the pack house."

Nodding at them, I grin and tell them to have my things taken care of and they tell me they'll handle it. With that, I immediately run into the pack house like I've never run before, with so much haste I thought I'm to be exhausted in any second now. As soon as the people see me, they part ways; some of them are smiling as they know I've missed my mate so much, and some of them just don't give a fuck. I know it's because my mate is a human, and they still don't want to accept that fact, but I don't give a damn about it. All I care about right now is my mate, and how much I've missed him.

My heart is pounding hard against my chest, and the whole time, the hairs in my arms and shoulder rise up due to excitement. My mate isn't a werewolf but a human, so he doesn't really have the capability to sense if his mate is near or not, which is even more exciting to me. Normally if a werewolf has a werewolf mate, the mate would come barging out of the room to greet his mate out. But this, Nigel doesn't have the idea that I'm already here, just meters away from him.

As soon as I get to the room, my eyes quickly scan the area, searching for one specific person that makes my heart melt with his smile, and his eyes, his eyes are fucking awesome. I love looking at his eyes; it makes me want to love him even more than I ever do.

Heightening my senses, I take a great sniff in the room, trying to locate my mate, and then I catch a sniff of his intoxicating scent. But before I even utter a word, his voice stops me from bolting towards him. Slowly, I turn around and there, he's holding a plate of cheesecake in his hand, fork in the other hand. He's wearing a white shirt that is a bit big on him, and a cream-colored khaki pants that I know really well that is mine. Good Goddess, he's become even cuter when he's wearing my clothes. Usually if it were any other man or woman stealing or wearing my clothes that I bought, I'd get mad. Who doesn't?

"Marcus..." Nigel whispers as he stares wide-eyed at me. Kieran goes beside him and takes the plate of cheesecake and fork out of his hands and Nigel drops his arms. "You're home."

Chuckling, I shrug and say. "I guess I am."

"You're coming home today and you didn't tell me." He says rather angrily, glaring daggers at me and for a moment, my heart sinks. But then he lunges and throws himself at me and my arms immediately wrap around his waist as he hugs me tight. "You're unbelievable." Nigel sobs as he tightens his arms around me, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

His tears are already wetting my shirt, but at this moment, I don't give a fuck about it. What matters is the person hugging me. He missed me just as much as I missed him, and I can't put it into words but I'm so fucking happy right now.