Chapter 41 - A collision of past and present

Start from the beginning

"Oh please! I'd gladly do all our projects if it means I get to escape looking at numbers," Bessy teased back.

Olena chuckled softly and turned off her computer, preparing to head out. She was planning to treat Levi out after school as well, so she won't be going back to the office for the day.

"Mara," she called their office assistant slash all around girl. "I'm meeting Bessy outside. If there are any client calls, please forward them to my mobile number."

"Got it, Lena. Have fun!"

"Thanks. By the way, go ahead and order lunch, charge it to the office. We had a good quarter and we deserve a bit of a treat."

"Wow, that's good to know. Will do. Thanks again!"

---------------

Olena arrived at the tailor shop half an hour later and quickly looked for her partner.

It was not easy to spot her, though, as her flaming red hair would stand out anywhere.

Bessy glanced her way and immediately waved her over.

"Hey, how's it going so far?"

"Quite good, actually. This entourage has a thing about punctuality," Bessy told her with a laugh.

"I guess that's because of the bride. I got that impression when we met Anna for the first time."

"I guess so," Bessy shrugged. "So we're just waiting for the last fitting of the morning, he'll probably be here in a few minutes."

Bessy paused then started to giggle like a schoolgirl.

"But I better warn you... this guy is a total hottie. I mean, literally drop dead gorgeous! Plus a voice that could melt chocolate, oh my god. The first time I met him, I was speechless for a full minute, it was embarrassing!"

Olena laughed at her partner's exaggeration, but only believed half of it. With a background in sales, Bessy has a tendency to over promise things.

"I'll be fine, for sure," Olena told her confidently.

"Don't tell me later that I didn't warn you... Anyway, since you're now free, I'll be turning over this wedding to you since what's left are mostly on the day coordination. I need to focus on Sarah's wedding - her entourage still can't agree on a dress style."

"Sarah's wedding is in two months, right? And they haven't started on the gowns for the entourage?"

"I know, right? So I need to put my foot down and force those girls to choose something asap. Then I'd have to rush the gowns at the dress shop. So I would probably be tied up there for a few days. Can you handle the James wedding for about a week?"

"Sure! Just update me on what's done and what's left to do then leave me to it. Oh, and I would also need introductions to the rest of the entourage since I've only met the couple and their daughter."

"And you'll meet the son in a while. He's the hottie," Bessy replied with an impish grin. "A bit cold, though, and stricly business like - but don't take it personally. He's like that with everybody."

They heard the door chime, signalling that someone entered the shop. Olena's back was turned while Bessy was facing the door so she instantly saw who entered.

Her smile widened as she recognized the new arrival.

"And he's here... Turn around and look, quickly before he comes over."

Olena was not interested in checking out the guy but she knew that Bessy will keep pestering her until she does, so she hesitantly turned around to face him.

Then she got the shock of her life.

She had carefully avoided anything related to her previous industry, just to avoid this exact situation. It was difficult, having to start again from scratch, but she thought it was something she had to do if she wanted a new life.

Patrick was a part of her past. A past that she had been struggling to forget and move on from.

But the past has a way of coming back to bite you in the ass, in ways you least expect.

Olena saw surprise register on Patrick's face as he saw her and he froze for a fraction of a second before he regained control of his reaction.

His face a mask devoid of emotions, he continued his approach and was standing in front of her before Olena could gather her thoughts.

"Hello again... Olena."