19

It all happened so quickly, I was standing in line for a coffee in the morning. Shane was outside on the phone with Ryan about the arrangements for the flight a few days from now. He walked in looking down at his phone and at first I didn't notice him, instead looked over the book I had just bought at the bookstore down the road. But when I felt eyes on me, I looked up.

My heart felt as if it stopped, my eyes went wide and my hands stopped. Almost dropping the book, we stared at each other and Shane walked in and lakes over to me, explaining about tomorrow. But before he could even finish his first sentence, I was out of the coffee shop.

I ran down the streets, down any street I turned down, I ran. My heart in my throat and tears in my eyes, I finally stopped outside of Richard's apartment where Lilly was. He buzzed me up and the minute I was through the door I fell to my knees, Richard and Lilly both rushed over to me.

"He..he..he was at the coffee shop Lilly. He was at my coffee shop." I sobbed into her arms and I could see Richard look at her before walking into the kitchen to call Shane.

"What happened Ivy?" She questioned and I told her, sobbing every so seconds as I thought about the way he looked over me. Lilly held me close to her and I finally stopped crying and instead just held onto her for dear life.

"I feel silly." I mumbled, Richard looked curiously at Lilly who looked sadly at me. "I feel like I'm being over dramatic. But the minute I seen him Lil, I felt as if my heart stopped beating." I whispered and Lilly just held me tighter.

Shane walked into the apartment with a sad but warm smile on his face. I sat up finally and I apologised and thanked Lilly and Richard who just hugged me as I left. I didn't say anything as Shane and I climbed into his car, instead we just drove, we drove to my house and Shane told me to get Pepper and pack a bag. I obeyed and quickly packed my things, packing Pepper's things also. Willow and Rex were at Richards because Lilly was staying the night.

I climbed back into the car and Pepper jumped into the back of the car, she immediately lay down and Shane smiled at me. We drove for what seemed like hours until I finally spoke.

"Where are we going?" I whispered, quietly but loudly. Shane drummed his fingers on the steering wheel for a few minutes before talking.

"Georgia." He spoke and I looked at him with confusion but also curiosity, I decided about asking any further questions.

***

We had been driving for a few hours when we finally stopped, I let Pepper out who sniffed our her surroundings before peeing. Shane went in to pay for some food and water. I looked at him from the car as he picked out the food and water, looking over everything carefully before finally deciding on something. He walked up to the register and paid for his stuff and I turned back to Pepper as he made his way back to us.

"I got you a chicken mayo sub, hot Doritos and a snicker." He said and I just pretended to swoon.

"You know me so well." I said jokingly and he laughed. We both climbed back into the car and Shane passed Pepper over some chicken he bought her and also gave her some water, which she gladly drank.

"Does Ryan know we're driving there?" I asked and Shane nodded, chewing his sub.

"He kind of suggested it, I called him when I was driving over to Richards and he said that maybe we should all just drive there. Then he said that maybe we should just drive." He said and I smiled and nodded.

"He's got a good mind that Bregara." I said laughing and Shane just nodded, smiling widely.

We drove for 5 hours straight before finally stopping again. We let Pepper our to pee and both Shane and I took turns to go pee, then we just sat around in the car and in and around the place we stopped. We took a little walk around and looked at the nice scenery before finally climbing back into the car, this time me driving.

Shane fell asleep about 2 hours into the drive so I played the radio and thought about stuff. It was dark and I always enjoyed driving in the dark. I ended up driving through the night, I woke Shane as I pulled into a motel.

"Hey bub, I've stopped at a hotel." I said gently caressing his cheek. He sat up and looked st the clock, doing a double take as he noticed the time.

"Did you just drive for nine hours!" He asked loudly, in complete shock and I looked at the time, shrugging my shoulders.

"I guess I did." I smiled and climbed out of the car, stretching my limbs and letting Pepper out of the car. I had checked that the hotel was dog friendly before when I parked. Pepper slowly came towards me and I crouched down and petted her.

Shane and I checked into a room there and then and I opened the door, letting Pepper in first to inspect the room. I placed her bowls down and filled one with dog food and the other with water. She plodded over to the bowls and happily ate the food.

"17 hours down, 16 more to go." I mumbled as I got comfy in the bed, Shane coming out of the bathroom and climbing in next to me.

"I'll drive nine hours tomorrow and then you can take the rest." He said jokingly.

"Hey I don't mind. I love driving." I said and Shane laughed. He held me close, the room was silent, Pepper lay at the bottom of our bed and I smiled as her head rested on my foot. "I wonder if this place is haunted." I said, looking towards the window where sunlight peeked through the curtains.

"Okay, time to sleep." Shane said and I just laughed. Cuddling closer to him.