1

I watched as the vase hit the floor, the way the glass scattered across the wooden floor boards, hitting my shoes and bouncing off the wall around us. His words hurt more than the small shard that buried its way into my leg, infact I didn't even notice it until the cold air hit my face for the first time.

The yelling behind me and blood running down my leg, I left, not sure where I was going, but completely terrified.

***

I sighed thoughtfully as I looked over this weeks video. The bags under my eyes and paleness of my face, distracting me from what was actually happening in the video. I could understand where people were coming from when they said they were worried.

I sipped my coffee, deciding to invest in a better concealer. I shut my computer off and looked around the office, it was almost home time and I wanted nothing more than to curl up in my bed and fall asleep till Monday. But I knew that wasn't happening as Ryan approached me.

"Okay, so Shane and I were thinking about coming into the office tomorrow's to get some ideas together for season three. Do you wanna join us?" He asked and I thought for a second.

"Well I sure don't have anything better to do." I said tiredly and he just nodded. I went to leave but he piped up again.

"Are you alright, Ivy?" Ryan called as I got nearer the door and I just turned around, continuing to walk backwards.

"I'm good Bergara, text me what time I've gotta be in tomorrow." I said, turning around just before I got to the door so I could open it. When I stepped outside, I stopped for a second, taking a deep breathe before tiredly walking to my car. My body was slumped and my eyes were heavy, the feeling of dread and depression setting in once again, the way it usually does when I have to go home.

As I climbed into my car my phones dinged, I pulled it out of my pocket and threw it onto the passenger seat, not really caring for the message at the moment.

I started up my car and pulled out of the car park and on to the roads, my Bon Jovi cd played quietly from the radio and I smiled lightly. But it was over when a call came through on my car, I groaned looking at the name and answered it.

"Hello?" I questioned and the person at the other side answered happily.

"Hey Ivy, it's Lilly. Could you stop in somewhere on the way home to get some more of that paint that we were painting the living room with?" My best friend asked and I frowned a little.

"Lil, we got 4 tubs of that pain, surely you can have used it all?" I asked and she was silent for a few seconds before clearing her throat.

"Well you see, Rex was running through the house because Willow was chasing him. Then Rex kind of ran into the last paint can and spilled it everywhere, and on himself." She said and I groaned again.

"Stupid cat. She literally terrifies Rex." I said grumpily pulling into Ikea.

"Oh shut up, you love her really." She said and I sighed and closed my eyes again.

"Sadly I do." I said. We said our goodbyes and I took the keys out of my car and grabbed my bag and phone. I walked towards the entrance of Ikea, it was warm but clouds rapidly filled the sky and I shivered at the cool breeze through the air.

Ikea was packed, people picked up early Christmas decorations and on sale Halloween decorations. The feeling of so many people around me made me feel sick, but I shrugged it off and quickly walked towards the pain section, looking over the so many colours that lay in rows.

"Can I help you ma'am?" A voice came from behind me, making me jump out of my quiet little world.

"Uhm, I think I'm okay." I said, reassuring myself more than the employee. He nodded and before he turned away, I managed to catch a look at his name tag.

Connor, the name knocked the wind out of me, just like it did every single time I heard it. Without taking another look at the paint, I quickly walked out of the store. Almost bumping into at least 5 people on my way out. Once I got into the car park I practically logged to my car, shaking off the stares I got from people.

It was stupid, how a name could hold so many memories, so much pain, so much emotion, but it was true. I rested my head on my steering wheel and took 5 deep breathes, something my therapist told me to do when things were overwhelming.

I started up my car and drove home, holding my breathe the whole time till I got through the door. Lilly watched me closely as I shut the door and hung up my jacket and keys. She was hesitant, I could tell.

"You okay, Ivy?" She asked and I looked at her with tears brimming in my eyes, she walked over to me slowly and held me as I cried.

It was still a fresh wound, it had only been a few months but it had felt like it was only days since he finally took it far. The worse thing about the whole situation is that you spend so much time with someone, every single day of your life for 3 years and then one day, it's all over. A lot happened leading up to the moment, the first back hand across the face, the first plate broken and the first spew of hatred. I guess I should say I was lucky to get out of there, before it got worse than It was. But the sleepless night sand constant crying said completely different.