7

Willow lay by my side while Rex lay at my feet, Lilly was working and I had taken a few days off work due to low moods. My tv played a sappy rom com I didn't know the name of, but still sobbed to when the sad bits came up.

I hadn't talked to Shane or Ryan in a few days, Lilly said I was cutting myself off again like I did a few months ago, but I pinned it to just not feeling up to talking to anyone at the moment because of my low moods.

My doorbell rang at 11:38pm and Rex was up like a shot, Willow looked from me to the door and followed after Rex. I walked down stairs in an oversized t shirt and my underwear, I removed my bra once I realised it was my 8pm and I didn't have to go anywhere. My eyes were also puffy from the petty crying. When I got to the door I pushed Rex behind me so he wouldn't try to get out of the house. When I opened it, I was faced with a disheveled looking Shane.

"Hey love, you okay?" I asked, opening the door for him to come in. Once he was in the house, he basically tackled me into a hug and laughed as Rex chewed on his shoe lace.

"I tried to call you but you wouldn't answer, then Ryan and some of the other guys from the office said they hadn't seen you in a few days. I thought something had happened." He said and I just smiled and hugged him again.

"I'm alright." I said and he nodded, I pulled away from the hug. We decided just to lay on my bed and watch the princess and the frog. Rex lay on my belly while Willow took a place nestled into Shane's neck.

"I don't think I've ever been happier." He said quietly, but excitedly as the car purred agaisndf him.

"She usually doesn't like anyone but Rex, Lilly or I. So I think you may have a new friend." I said and Shane just smiled widely. It was nice to have Shane with me, sometimes being alone when I have low moods is harder, but I never ask for help because I don't wanna seem like an idiot.

But by 2am, Shane and I were down in the kitchen making brownies and coming up with ideas about the next season. We had some music playing in the background and Willow and Rex were curled up together in Rex's bed.

"I think Ryan wants to do the penitentiary in Ohio, which I am not down for at all." I said and Shane laughed.

"Oh yeah, he told me about that. Spooky ghosts." He said and I rolled my eyes and placed the brownies in the oven. I snapchatted Shane and I making the brownies and he made instagram stories of us.

"Well now we wait, we have 20 minutes to kill." I said and just on cue, a slow song played through my record player. Shane held out his hand I laughed.

"M'lady." He said bowing, I curtseyed and took his hand. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I connected my hands round the back of his neck. We swayed around my kitchen to the music playing, my head rested on his chest as we enjoyed the comfort of each other.

"You know for 5 months, I felt no emotion except hurt, I was terrified. Then we went to London and that one week, changed everything for me." I said.

"How so?" Shane asked gently and I pulled back and pulled up at him.

"Because I let myself open up, I let myself feel emotions I've never felt before, I let myself be free for a week." I said and Shane smiled and I smiled back at him. We swayed to the music and I placed my head on his chest again, he stroked his hand over my hair and I pulled away.

"Ivy-" he started but before he could go on,I pressed my lips to his, I jumped up wrapping my legs around his waist as he walked over to the counter where I sat. It was a soft kiss, nothing forced or to over the top. Just a soft passionate kiss between two people who felt the same about each other.

We broke away when the brownies were ready, I gave Shane one last peck on the lips and jumped down, excitedly taking my warm brownies out of the oven. I cut them up into squares and placed 4 on a plate, before grabbing Shane's hand and dragging him back upstairs, Rex and Willow close behind. We lay back on the bed, eating the brownies and complimenting each other's baking skills.

"I've got to say, those chocolate chips were a good touch." I said to Shane who nodded agreeing with me.

"And that gooey texture is exquisite." Shane said and I laughed. Once we finished the brownies I lay on his chest, he rubbed my back as we watched reruns of friends on the tv. It was 4 am, which meant Lilly would be home in a few hours but I wasn't too bothered.

"Do you wanna go to sleep?" Shane asked and I nodded against his stomach tiredly, I got up and went to the bathroom. When I came back, Shane had thrown his trousers on the floor and now only wore his boxers and a t shirt. I turned off the light and left the door open a little so Willow or Rex could go out if needed.

I climbed into bed next to Shane, who immediately pulled me closer to him. I breathed a sigh of relief at the warmth in my bed. Usually it was cold at night being alone. I smiled sweetly as Shane pressed a kiss to the back of my neck.

"Goodnight Ivy." He whispered.

"Goodnight Shane." I whispered back. Closing my eyes and for the first time in a while, framing of happy things.