Tea of Awkwardness

Start from the beginning

"Haha I'm sorry for laughing. It's just I've never seen somebody look so surprised by the taste of tea." Tsunami said as she held a hand up to her mouth, trying to silence her giggles.

Feeling embarrassed by this you pulled the cup away and awkwardly glanced to the side before looking back at Tsunami.

"It's okay. I'm going to go take my shower now, umm before I go could you maybe tell me what type of tea this is?" You asked still feeling kind of embarrassed.

"Oh sure dear, it's called Genmaicha." Tsunami said with smile before she took another sip of the tea.

"Thank you." You said simply before finishing up the rest of the tea. You then readjusted your mask as you handed Tsunami your now empty cup. She took it and put it in the sink before waving goodbye to you as you walked out of the kitchen. You waved back before silently making your way back to the room were everyone was still sleeping.

'Genmaicha...I'll have to remember to get some of that when I get back home.' You thought as you grabbed your small travel bag beside your bed. Quietly putting the bag on you left the room and made your way to the bathroom.

Stepping into the small bathroom you locked the door behind you before placing your bag on the ground. You then took your clothes and weapons pouch off before turning on the shower. After the water warmed up you got in and proceeded to wash yourself with the small bottle of soap you got out of your travel bag.

After rinsing the soap off you began to wash your hair. Now finished with that you turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. You then began to dry off with a towel you found beneath the bathroom sink. Now completely dry, you put a spar pair of ninja clothes on that you brought with you. You then put your necklace and mask on before using the towel to dry your hair a bit more.

Deciding that your hair was dry enough you tossed the towel into the laundry basket in the corner of the bathroom.

'I'll have to find a place to wash these at while I'm here.' You thought as you stuffed your dirty clothes into the bottom of your travel bag. You then picked your bag up and brought it back to the room.

~timeskip~

You smiled happily as you ate the breakfast Tsunami prepared for all you. As you ate, you couldn't help but to feel a little guilty. You felt guilty because you knew the food was probably hard to afford due to the land of waves being so poor. As you thought about this you glanced towards Sumire-sensei who began talking to Tsunami.

"Thank you for the food, you're a really good cook. I can't help feeling bad about us eating up everything though when your land is in poverty." Sumire-sensei said causing everyone to pause in their eating.

'I guess I wasn't the only one feeling guilty about the food.' You thought as you pulled your mask back over your mouth since you were finished eating.

"It's okay, don't feel bad. It's fine really." Tsunami said with a smile as she stood up with her empty plate.

"If you say so."  Sumire-sensei said simply before turning to look at all of you once Tsunami went into the kitchen.

"Okay I want two of you to go to the village and buy some groceries with this money. " Sumire-sensei said as she pulled a small bag of money out of her pocket.