Smile (Bertholdt X Reader)

Her eyes were shining like stars, her soft voice were music to my ears, her pink lips were tempting and I could just see her smile everyday. Who could not fall for her? Who could not love her laugh? Who could not fall for her smile that never ever fades? Her smile that makes me weak and strong at the same time. I love her so much and I wish she knew, but I can't let her know.

She is my best friend, but she is also my best friend's girlfriend. Reiner never knew my feelings for [F/n], but I knew how much he loves her, I just couldn't compete with my best friend. But this is [F/n] we're talking about, almost everyone loves her! Everyone wants to be with her as if she was a trophy that's worth more than gold. Reiner won among all of us. How lucky of him. Why am I even saying this? I didn't fight for my love, I'm just a coward.

I see her from afar laughing at Reiner's flirty jokes. How sweet her laugh is. I hear footsteps from behind me I turn around and see Annie walking up to me.

"Still spying on her?" Annie said. I sighed and looked away from them.

"I-it's not spying... I'm just staring at her, admiring h-her beauty." I said clarifying her. Annie shakes her head and rolled her eyes.

"You're only hurting yourself if I you don't do anything."

"What else can I do? Reiner already has her."

"Move on, dimwit." Annie said harshly. Move on? Should I really move on? Why am still holding on to her when I already know I have no chance? Why am I so crazy about her? Her kindness makes her more beautiful, her smiles and her shiny eyes are in perfect harmony, she looks so innocent. If only i had the guts to tell her how I feel... I would've been in Reiner's place.

"Hm in deep thought are we now Bertholdt?" Reiner suddenly said while placing his hand on my arm. Try not to shove it away...

"Hi Bertholdt~ you okay? You look stressed." [F/n] said.

'You have no idea...' I thought.

"I-I'm fine, don't worry about me." I lied.

"Right." [F/n] said sarcastically. "You're acting all weird lately Bertholdt, whats wrong?" She asked.

"The training probably stressed me out." I shrug and tried not to look or sound bitter.

"You're right, trianing has been really tough... Well let's go grab dinner!" [F/n] exclaimed. I waved my hand signaling them that I'll pass. I walk away and head off to my room.

Shutting the door harshly, I lay on my bed staring at the candle. I took a deep sigh and closed my eyes already feeling sleepy.

--

Another tiring day and another tiring training. I sat on the huge stone and took my break from hand to hand combat. And once again I searched for the [H/c] haired girl. I see her from afar laughing with Reiner. My heart starts to break once more as I notice how happy she is when around Reiner. Can I do that to her too? I ruffle my hair in frustration and stared at the ground.

"Fuck this shit." I said.

"Oi Bertholdt... You okay?" Eren said.

"Y-yeah..."

"You don't seem okay to me." Eren said sat beside me. Offered me water but simply decline. There was a pause unti Eren broke the silence.

"You know I am Jealous too." Eren gulped down his water.

"What're you talking about?" I said trying to act dumb. Clueless about what he's trying to say.

"Pft, c'mon bro we all have eyes on her." Eren said shaking his head and went to go hang out with Armin.