ch. 16 - more sweet tea

a/n

lol hey guys so i got back from camp on monday woot woot it was soo fun like idk why i said i didn't wanna go bc it was fun af and my team (gold team) got 2nd place and yes i was excited. so anywho here is the cltcl update yay

- savanna

- ELLE'S POV -

As the girl climbed into the van, sitting next to Pietro, I noticed Peter withdraw a little. Every now and then he would glance at her and she would smirk at him.

"Guys, this is Jennie." Logan introduced us from the front seat. I don't know why her name was so familiar, but I just brushed off the feeling.

"Jennie, this is Elle, Peter, May, and Harry." He told her.

"Oh." She eyed Peter. "I already know Peter."

"How?" Logan asked. All of us looked at him, when I suddenly realized, shit. It's the girl from the messages. She was so rude to Pietro.

"He was my boyfriend." She smirked and ran her hands through Peter's silvery hair. "Right babe?"

"Fucking touch me again and I will punch you." He smacked her hand away from him and glared at the chair in front of him, not even bothering to look at her.

She was really pretty. Brown curly hair, light brown eyes. She even had great eyeliner technique.

"Damn! Someone's moody!" She giggled and scooted closer to him.

She looked at me and frowned, as I was sitting pretty close to Pietro. "Peter who the fuck is this?"

"I'm Elle." I looked her up and down skeptically. Hopefully that would scare her a little.

"That's a bitchy name." She laughed and turned away from me. I noticed Harry was clenching his fists together so hard they were turning white. He looked at me, as if to ask permission to blow up on Jennie. I nodded, hopefully he would put her in her place.

"Um, Jennie?" He asked her.

"Yeah hon?" She smiled sweetly, as if she hadn't just called me a bitch.

"If you say another word to Elle or Peter, then I will personally fuck you up." He glared at her, and she cowered for a second, but recovered.

"Oh really?" She smirked. "What's your power? Hmmm?"

Shit. She didn't just ask that.

"I don-" Harry started.

"We're at the second person." Logan called nervously. We had stopped by a rural house in the woods. "We're going to have to get out of the car."

"Aight." Said Samuel as we all scooted out of the car.

May and Jennie walked together and were whispering to each other. I strained my ears to hear what they were saying, and thanks to my powers, it worked.

"If you talk to Samuel, I will cut you." May said to her.

"Don't worry, I'm just here to help get this 'Rose' back and maybe fuck Peter up a little." They both giggled. Fuming, I walked a little quicker to catch up to Pietro. I linked my arm with his as we trotted down the long path.

"You okay?" I looked up to him and he looked down at me, our faces were inches away.

"I'm..." He sighed. "Not really okay."

"I know." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"She's a bitch. I'm sorry she said that to you." He ran his hand through his hair.

"It's okay." I whispered. "Did you know she was a mutant?"

"I did, yeah. That's why we dated. We found out and we thought it was 'meant to be.' Kinda funny." He smirked.

"I hate her for being such a shithead. You're so much better than her."

"I'm really not Ellie." He told me. What the fuck. Of course he is. He's amazing. His eyes are the prettiest blue I've ever seen. His mouth was perfectly shaped. His smile could light up a whole world. He was perfect.

"You are. I don't know what you're thinking, but I think you're perfect." I blabbed. The words just came out. I didn't mean them to. They just, strung together perfectly.

Peter didn't say anything, all he did was pull me a little closer to him. We approached the house finally, to see a middle aged woman standing on the doorstep. It was Vlüta.

"Peter!" I grinned at him and pointed to Vlüta.

"Oh my god!" His lips curled upwards into a gorgeous smile.

"Peter! Elle!" Vlüta greeted us happily. "I've got my sweet tea brew packed in here!"

I groaned in happiness, and hugged Vlüta.

"I thought you worked at the motor shop?" I asked her.

"Yes! It's out back!" She nodded her head to the back.

"But we were in Death Valley..." Pietro piped up.

"Oh dear. You must not have known where you teleported to." She chuckled.

"Oh..." Peter and I said in unison.

"Okay so who is this...old lady?" Jennie said from next to May.

"My name is Vlüta." She smiled.

"Hope your saggy wrinkles don't slow us down, grandma." May snorted at Jennie's comment.

"Actually, I hope you don't slow us down with all that make up. There must be at least a ton of it on your face!" Vlüta flashed a smug smile and walked towards the van, leaving Jennie shocked.

Everyone but May and Jennie were giggling at Vlüta.

"Where will I sit?" Vlüta asked, scanning the open seats. Jennie still hadn't gotten to the van.

"Vlüta please sit here." Pietro pointed to the seat that Jennie was sitting in originally.

"Happy to!" She smiled and sat down in the seat.

"So what's your power?" I asked Vlüta after a little bit.

"I can shoot lightning out of my hands." She smiled.

"That's sick." Peter laughed.

Jennie had finally gotten to the van and she sat down in the front sear, eying all of us.

"So." Vlüta smiled at us. "Let's have some sweet tea."

a/n

aYEO hullo my peoples i hope you liked this chapter bc yay vlüta! like omg yas you go gurl

anywho yes comment, vote, share? idk??????!

okee so i'm going to post the prologue to cool kids tomorrow!

kk ilysm stay crispy
- savanna