ch. 5 - harry

HARRY'S POV:

I walked away from that "Elle" girl. She seemed nice. No-one here is ever nice like that.

I stared at her and her friend Rose.

Rose. Beautiful, beautiful Rose.
I wish she would talk to me.

Elle looked back to find me staring at her. God, she must think I'm creepy now.

The boys who were pushing me around are stupid and annoying. Their names are Gabe and Brenden.

I've almost always been bullied. I thought it would stop here. But it didn't.

----------\/---------

-2 YEARS EARLIER-

"Harry? Oh he's gross."

"Ew look at his face, he has so many pimples."

"Who would want him?"

I walk down the hallways of St. Bernard High School. Looking at the posters that were taped onto the lockers, I laughed.

Some said "Text 78917 for bullying help!"

And some said, "Bullying isn't tolerated at this school: we can guarantee there is no bullying taking place at St. Bernard High School."

As if. I thought.

If this school was "bully free" then why do I get shit everyday from people I don't even know?

-------\/--------

-1 YEAR AGO-

I was sitting on my bed, writing my college entrance essay when he came.

I looked up.

"Harry I presume?" the man said.

"Uhh, yeah. Who are you?" I answered cautiously.

"Charles Xavier, founder of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngster." He smiled. "I'm guessing you are a gifted youngster?"

I looked at him, puzzled.

"Um, I think you have the wrong person..."

"Let me see..." He put his hands to his head and closed my eyes. He stayed in this position for over a minute. "No! No! You are the person I'm looking for!"

"Look okay, my parents are mutants if they're who you're looking for."

"No, you are or will become a mutant. I have already talked to your parents and they have given me their consent to take you to my school."

I contemplated this proposition for a moment.

"Are the people nice there? Will they judge me there?"

"I can't guarantee that they will ALL be nice, but the majority: yes." He smiled.

"Then let's get going!" I said, packing my things quickly.

I was transported to a large mansion, that which Xavier zoomed inside. I followed him quietly.

"Welcome to Xavier's my boy!" He turned to me with his arms spread out wide. He then went back in his trance mode where he called someone down.

A few moments later, a girl with dark brown hair and a purple sweater on walked up to us.

"Yes Professor X?" She asked politely. Her voice was soft, and her face looked delicate as a petal.

"Well Rose, this is Harry. He hasn't gotten his powers yet." He faced this Rose girl.

"Hello." I waved awkwardly.

"Hi!" She smiled, took my hand, and dragged me halfway across the school. She showed me where everything is.

By the time we were finished I had grown accustomed to her, and she had grown accustomed to me.

I found her gorgeous.

Time went by, and I still hadn't gotten my powers. Professor X told me I would develop them soon. He said I was just a late bloomer.

Late bloomer my ass. If a flower doesn't bloom in 18 years then something's wrong! The seconds word got out that I didn't have my powers, people started talking shit again.

"He's a waste of space here."

"If he doesn't have powers, why is he taking lessons with us?"

Everyone questioned my being here. Even Rose joined the peanut gallery after a while. I was alone. Again.

But when didn't that happen in my lifetime?