ch. two - "mac n' cheese"

ch. two  - "mac n' cheese"

Elouise dreamt of a room, gleaming white, and sleek. There was a man standing in the room, bending what seemed to be a metal beam. He turned around and his eyes were silver glass. She had never met this man before. The only words he spoke were her name, over and over again, repeatedly, monotonously, he never stopped. Her brain felt like it was being prodded, slowly, by a fork. It felt like being buried alive by words that never stopped speaking.

She woke up in a cool sweat, the sheet stuck to her body. Rising slowly, Eloise looked at the clock on the wall.

"12:30pm" It read.

She shook her head in exasperation. Classes, as she was told by Rosa, started at 1:30pm, and as such, needed to get ready to go. Just as soon as Elouise had gotten up from her bed, Rosa walked in with a metal tray and a fork.

"Oh, good morning!" She exclaimed. The tray in her hands held a steaming hot, gooey scoop of mac and cheese.

"Good morning!" Elouise smiled at her. Elouise's eyes drifted towards the food, unaware of the grumbling coming from her stomach.

"You hungry then?" Rosa pointed her fork towards Elouise's stomach nonchalantly.

She chuckled, realizing now how much noise her stomach was making. "Yeah, I suppose I am."

"Well they still have some mac n' cheese left, if you want some!" Rosa advised her.

She nodded and began to walk down to the cafeteria.

🎶 This thing called love I just can't handle it this thing called love I must get round to it I ain't ready crazy little thing called love 🎶

As she walked through the cafeteria doors, she recognized one of her favorite songs playing in the busy hall. Elouise tuned out the rest of the cafeteria as she headed for the queue for food.

The smell of warm cheese filled her senses as she picked up her own tray of food.

She was interrupted by a sudden jolt; her mac n' cheese was no longer in her hands, but on the shirt of a silver-headed boy with blue eyes.

"I'm so so sorry!" Elouise exclaimed, pulling out napkins and dabbing his shirt with them, trying to clean him up.

The boy chuckled. "It's alright. I needed to change anyway."

Elouise stood in front of him, unsure of what to say.

"O-okay, well, I'm really sorry." She apologized again.

The boy smiled graciously, "My name's Peter, what's your's?"

"Elouise. Do you have another name like Rosa does?"

"Quicksilver." The boy with the silver hair had a joyful look in his eye. He seemed innocent, but naughty; soft, but hard. He seemed like a crazy contradiction in himself. "Anyways, I have to get back to Sam. I'll see you in Defense?"

"Yeah!" Elouise smiled awkwardly. She had no idea what 'Defense' was. She waved as he zoomed away with his food.

She apparated back to her room where Rosa was sitting on her bed, buried in pillows.

"Welcome back!" Rosa grinned at me from behind the pile of duvet and pillow.

Elouise smiled back. "Thanks."

"Anything interesting happen? I doubt it honestly, nothing every happens in this damn house but it's worth asking, you know?" Rosa rambled a bit.

Elouise laughed softly, "Yeah, something interesting did happen."

"Ooh! What happened?"

"I ran into this boy with silver hair... I think his name was Peter, and I spilled mac n' cheese all over him!" Elouise looked flustered as she recalled the incident. "I felt so bad!"

Rosa began to laugh. And laugh, and laugh, and laugh. "That's-that's the funniest thing I've ever heard!"

Elouise felt her cheeks heating up. "Ah, stop laughing at me!"

"Okay! Okay!" Rosa smiled warmly as she finished laughing. "You're going to have to eat that quickly if you want to get to Defense on time!"

Rosa pointed at the food in Elouise's hands.

"What is Defense?" Elouise asked.

"It's the class where we learn to control our powers. It's my personal favorite class." Rosa spoke passionately.

"Oh!" Elouise was intrigued.

"Oh no!" Rosa jumped up from the bed.

"What?"

"Defense starts in two minutes, I just realized!" Rosa was almost through the door when Elouise grabbed her arm and apparated to the correct room.

Rosa paused and looked around, shocked, yet exhilarated from the ride. "...thanks Elouise..."

"You're welcome." Elouise turned her head to flash her a winning smile, but it was met with nothing but an empty spot in front of her where Rosa had stood.

Elouise noticed that the room was made of clean, white tiles. The room was sleek and elegant; vastly different to the antique style of the rest of the house.

On the left was a boxing ring. One boy, tall and brunette, fought another boy viciously; the losing boy doing nothing to fight back. On the other side, a girl grew thick jungle vines from her fingers, letting them shoot out and pull a gun from another mutant's hand.

Elouise stood in awe of the room, then walked over to the boxing ring.

A hand grabbed her shoulder. "Want to brawl, Ghost?"

a/n:

ur girl is back w another edited version of this story have at it chillin'

ilysm stay crispy
-savanna