ch. 14 - pietro

- ROSE'S POV -

It's been a few days since Dr. Stein did the operation on me. I feel a little strange now, like they're watching me nonstop. I know that's not true, but I just can't shake the feeling.

"Ah! Rose! Come to the center of the room please!" Dr. Stein beckoned for me. I walked to the middle of the room swiftly.

"Yes, Dr. Stein?" I asked politely.

"We are going to tell you the reason we have you here." His yellow teeth showed as he grinned. I nodded, waiting for him to tell me. "I trust that you won't freak out, so here we go. We are going to take over the X-Men."

I gasped in disbelief. "W-what?" I stuttered.

"You will aid us in our attempt young lady." He said, as he nodded towards a glass window with a few men working some controls.

"W-why did you nod?" I questioned fearfully, to which he only smiled and laughed. His laugh was the last thing my ears could control. Or anything for that matter. Whatever the operation had done to me, would let them control me.

- ELLE'S POV -

"We've arrived at our first destination!" Logan called from the front seat. Lazily, we all looked out the window to see we were in Vegas.

"What are we doing here?" May grumbled.

"There are people here that could help us." He said. "I've booked hotel rooms for pairs of you. May, I'm sure you'll want to go with Samuel, Elle, it's your choice who you want to room with: Harry or Peter."

I glanced at Peter who smirked at me, then over to Harry who wasn't even paying attention. "I'll go with Peter."

Logan nodded and then gave us our information. "Here you go guys, you're all competent, find your own rooms."

Peter and I walked into our hotel, both of us dazzled by the bright lights and glam that surrounded us.

Walking up to the receptionist, Peter asked for our keys. "Thank you ma'am."

"Okay let's go." I grabbed his arm and he winced. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, I'm fine."

I frowned, but continued to walk to our room. When we arrived, we both collapsed on the beds we chose.

I pulled out my phone, checking the time. "It's 7:34, Peter, do you want to go and grab a bite?"

He nodded, smiling like an idiot, and walked out with me. We went to the little café that the hotel had downstairs. We were seated within a matter of 5-10 minutes.

"Would you like a booth or a table?" The hostess asked us.

"Uh," I looked at Peter. "Booth or table?"

"Booth!" He said enthusiastically. She led us to a booth and we both sat down, as she gave us our menus.

"Would you guys like some candles?" She asked us. "Very romantic for a cute couple like you two."

My eyes widened as we assured her that we weren't dating. She laughed saying, "Sorry my bad!"

We both sat there reading the menus for a while before we ordered.

"So what do you think Logan's doing?" He asked me after our food got here.

"I have no idea Peter. No idea." I muttered through mouthfuls of spaghetti.

"If he brings another mutant in the car, I swear to God." Peter ran his hands through his hair.

"Ooh, what if it's a girl?" I teased him.

"That'll be exciting." He smirked.

"Yeah! Get some!" I giggled, to which he laughed in return.

"Nah, I doubt he'll bring back a girl unless he's fucked her first!" He burst out laughing. We talked like that for another hour as we finished our food, then we walked upstairs to our room.

I played on my phone for a really long time before I fell into a deep sleep.

"Leave me alone or I'll do it!" A voice said. My eyes opened, to find a metal armor clad Rose holding a gun to Peter's head.

"Rose!" I reached out for her, but my arm didn't budge.

"I fucking swear to God Elle!" She readied the gun for a bullet.

"It's okay." Peter mouthed to me, tears running down his face.

"Did you just communicate with her? You dipshit, that was the worst thing you could've ever done!" Rose yelled, then pulled the trigger, a bang sounding through my ears. My urge to move finally gave in as I rushed towards Peter's fallen body, red blood soaking his silver head.

"No..." I whispered.

Then I woke up.

I looked over at the clock. It read: 3:47 am.

I was shaking from that dream. What if Rose is being corrupted. What if she's turning evil? I contemplated waking up Peter, and I finally gave in. I slipped out of my bed and poked Peter on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" He asked groggily. It was actually kind of hot.

"I-uh- I had a bad nightmare..." God I sound like a fucking 5 year old.

"Oh, Elle." He scooted over to the side of the bed. "C'mere."

As I laid down on his bed, he pulled me closer to him so I was laying on his, what I only now noticed, bare chest. My hand rested on his pale stomach, as his hand rubbed small circles on my back.

"Thanks Pet-"

"You can call me Pietro. I don't mind" He looked into my pale green eyes.

"Oh, okay. Thanks Pietro." I smiled shyly, and laid my head back down on his chest, falling asleep instantly.

Pietro hummed a lullaby kind of song by Queen that I knew pretty well.

♪ It's a long hard fight to learn to care for each other to trust in one another right from the start when you're in love ♪

A/N

OMG GUYS THANK YOU FOR 3K READS I'M DYING THAT'S AWESOME okay like wow

and also i've been waiting to do a scene like this for like 5ever so be happy comment like share idk do what ur booty feels like doing okay ilysm

- savanna