ch. 12 - fixing

A/N:

so anyways:

(wow updating on time, shocker!)

anywhosies this book has 3K reads.

like can we just let that sink in

#brbcryin

- savanna

- PETER'S POV -

My eyes blinked open as my body woke up from our nap. I felt pressure on my shoulder.

Elle's head rested in the crook of my neck. Her left hand rested on my knee as she slept. I looked down at her and stared. Her lips parted each time she breathed, and her eyelids fluttered every now and then.

The clock, perched above the dining room table, read 4:39 pm. My eyes grew wide as I realize how long we had been gone.

"Elle!" I shook her gently. "Elle, wake up!"

Her eyes opened and she sat up.

"But whyyy." She grumbled.

"It's almost 5 pm, that's why." I told her as she stood up.

"What?! How did that happen?" She put her hands on her forehead.

"Yes, exactly now let's go!" I said as we gathered the parts and left the house.

We both zoomed back to camp to see Harry eating what Logan called "Protein Tomato Sandwich." It's basically lettuce with tomato inside it.

Harry looked at us and threw down his Protein Sandwich.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" He shook his head.

"We went to get parts, Harry." Elle walked towards the engine of the car and opened it.

"Do you even know how to fix an engine?" Harry questioned her.

"Well, uh, no not really." Elle scratched her blonde hair. "Do you?"

"Yeah actually. Before I came here, I worked in a garage."

"Then teach me!" Elle grinned. Harry reluctantly nodded and guided Elle over to the right part of the engine. My stomach dropped a little each time she giggled at one of his jokes or when she did the wrong thing and Harry smiled and said it was okay.

That should be me. I thought. I shook my thoughts out of my head and sat down next to Samuel.

"Hey man." He said through a mouthful of lettuce and tomato.

"Dude, you look like a rabbit." I laughed.

"I can't help it!" He laughed with me.

"So, can May grow anything else from the ground?"

"I really have no idea." He glanced at her. "She doesn't tell me much, I guess."

"Why are you even with her Sam?" I asked him.

"I, again, really have no idea." He replied.

We sat in silence for a little bit, eating our food.

"Can you keep a secret?" Sam questioned me.

"Uh, yeah." I frowned.

"I find Rose incredibly attractive."

"That's not surprising." I chuckled.

"Why? Do you like her too?" He looked at me.

"Sam, I have never had feelings for a girl, and I'm proud of it." I was beginning to think that my record of 19 years without liking a girl was coming to an end as I watched Elle fix the van.

- a few hours later -

"Well you guys! I fixed it!" Elle came back with sweat glistening on her brow.

The whole group cheered as they all piled back into the car. Elle scooted back to her original seat, and so did I, right next to her.

"Hey Peter." She smiled. "Are you proud of me yet?"

"Yeah sure." I chuckled and pulled out my phone. As I opened Facebook, I felt a presence near my shoulder.

"Whatcha doin?" Elle asked me.

"Just checking Facebook." I replied. I looked down at my phone, seeing that there was a message. It was probably Jennie, since she's the only one who messages me. I'll open it later, when Elle is sleeping.

I scrolled down my feed until Elle turned away.

I quickly pressed the message.

Jennie Clark: Why aren't you replying? Are you too fucking scared to talk to me? Are you that pathetic??

I sigh and lock my phone. I know her words shouldn't get to me, but they always make me feel worthless. I'll never be good enough to be loved by someone.

I fall asleep to a Queen song that is playing on the radio Logan has playing:

Inside my heart is breaking,
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile, still, stays on.

A/N:

HAYY :3

so basically i'll expand on Jennie and Peter's relationship in future chapters.

i looooove it when you guys comment like literally, i've said it before and i'll say it again, it gives me breath.

so yeah!

vote, comment, share maybe?

kk ily

- savanna