||TWENTY-SIX||

FORTH POV

    When Beam and I got to my dorm, we both laid on the bed.

    It had been a long day for both of us. Beam waited for me to lay down before he straddled my waist and buried his head in my neck.

    I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist.

    “Are you okay?” I asked. Beam stayed silent. I moved my head to the side to look at him. “Beam.” I said lifting his head. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

    He sighed and propped his head up on his hands.

    “I want to ask you something. I just don’t know how to, or even how you’ll react.” He said sighing.

    I moved a little more and laughed nervously.

    “What?” I asked.

    Usually Beam wasn’t like this. He sighed again and closed his eyes.

“Willyougowithmetomyexgirlfriendswedding?” He asked quickly.

    He probably meant for me to not understand it, but I did. I laughed. He looked at me confused.

    I wasn’t mad he asked. She was his ex and now she’s getting married. She obviously isn’t going to try anything. At least she shouldn’t, and I knew he wasn’t.

    “Yes. I will go with you.” I said. Beam let out a deep breath and laid his head back down on my shoulder.

    “You’re not mad?” He asked. I laughed again and rubbed his back.

    “I’m not mad. I love you.” I said. Beam smiled and lifted his head up.

    “I love you too.” He said before pecking my lips and standing up.

    I grinned and sat up on the bed. This was the perfect time to ask him to the S.O.T.U.S ceremony.

    “Well, as long as we are asking each other to go places as a couple, will you go with me to the ceremony this weekend?” I asked. Beam laughed.

    “And see all those freshman guys and girls all over you?” He asked before smiling wide. “I would love to. I have to make sure everyone knows that you belong to me. We don’t need another Chai.” He said smiling and raising his eyebrows.

    I laugh and stand up. I walk over to him and kiss his forehead.

    “No we don’t.” I said agreeing. “Hungry?” I ask. Beam smiles wide.

    “Starving.” He said.

    I laughed and ruffle his hair before going into the kitchen to make dinner.

BEAM POV

    I smile and sit at the dining room table watching Forth cook.

    It’s nice.

    I like that this is what I get to experience after school. You know, instead of coming home alone or having to listen to Kit and Pha brag about their boyfriends. Now I get to.

    “Is there a certain colour we should wear to the wedding?” Forth asked. I thought for a second. I don’t remember Lay mentioning any certain ones.

    “I don’t know. I’ll call later to ask.” I said. I just wanted to make sure.

    Forth nodded before going back to cooking.

    My phone rang and I told Forth I'd be back before going out to answer it.

    “Hey.” I said smiling to no one. “When are you coming?” I asked. I heard a laugh on the other end of the line.

    “I’ll come after he leaves.” Jay answered from the other side.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thoughts on who Jay is? Is Beam cheating? There's no way. Right?