"It's not same, Jungkook. Please understand what I'm trying to say. " I protested.

"What? It's not like you're going to love me back. " He suddenly brought up the topic again. I stopped. He then turned away and cupped his face. "But it's not the reason why I need to go to the states. " He told me to avoid me from feeling guilty.

"Jungkook, is there— anything I could do to stop you from going? I really— can't imagine how I'd survive this hard time without you. Please. " I held his hand as he gave me a guilty look. He sighed, as if he was thinking of something.

He looked down at our hands, "Fine. I'll stay here. For you. But I can't promise that I'll always be here. " He said. Even it was still making me sad, but at least I could stay with him longer. Smiling, I nodded my head. "That's better. "

"But in one condition, " he added.

"What is it? "

"You need to work with me. Will you? " He asked. He once asked me to work with him but I refused. But this time, I had no choice except accepting his offer.

"Sure, "

After having the small talk, we decided to take a short walk by the sidewalk while eating our ice creams. "Thank you for the treat, kook. I promise when I've start working and get my salary, I'll treat you something nice. " I said as the sweet taste of the vanilla ice was blessing my tongue.

He laughed, "You don't have to do that. Knowing that you're willing to be my friend is more than enough. "

"Stop saying that. Of course I'd like to be your friend. I mean, you're a really good friend and you've done so much to me. I owe you a lot. " I emphasized.

Before he could say more, my phone suddenly beeped, signalling that someone had text me. "Oh wait. " I discontinued my steps and unlocked my phone. Jungkook did the same as me and tried to see who was texting me.

Kim Taehyung
sent 4.05 p.m.
Can you please meet me at the cafe near my company? I really need to talk to you. Please.

I closed my phone then shoved it into my jeans pocket.

"Aren't you going to meet him? " Jungkook asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so. He's just going to waste my time. " I refused and continued walking but I noticed Jungkook wasn't following me. I turned back to look at him who was still at the same spot and sighed. "What are you doing there? Come on. "

I walked back at him and pulled his wrist but he stopped me. "What's wrong, kook? " I asked.

"Why don't you give him a chance to explain? Maybe he really needs to see you. Make everything clear between you two. Come on, give it a shot. " He told me. Sometimes, I can't understand him. He said he likes me but wanted me to meet Taehyung?

"Don't you afraid I might fall for him back? You said you like me. " I asserted, making him to take a few moment before answering.

"Yes, I do like you and I want you. But at the same time, I don't want you to argue with Taehyung. He's still my friend. I don't want both of the people I love to have a bad feeling towards each other. " He said.

"Please, meet him and make everything clear between you two. "

His words had me lost words and I knew I couldn't argue more with him. He'd always have ideas to bash me back. I heaved a deep sigh then nodded my head. "Okay then. I will. "

"That's my girl. " He patted my head and we started walking again.

Jae Eunna
sent 4.52 p.m.
See you tomorrow at the cafe, 2 p.m. Don't be late. I hate late people.