Chapter 1

Fairy Godmother gazed out the window at the arriving freshmen and smiled. For years, Auradon Prep had admitted generations of royalty, and as headmistress she found there to be no more satisfying a task than raising them all to be shining stars. She let out a contented sigh and adjusted her scarf. After all, there was business to attend to, and one must look their best for every task.

She sat at her desk and took a look at the day's schedule.

1. Organize bookshelf. Check.

2. Prepare welcome speech. Check.

3. Admire the blossom of youth.

She smiled again at the window and checked that one off.

4. Meeting with the Student Council on the matter of transfer students.

Fairy Godmother yelped when she saw that she was late already! She decided to take a small shortcut as she pulled out her wand. Besides, a dramatic entrance never hurt anybody. With a tap on the head, she spoke the words. "Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo!"

In a shower of sparkles, she appeared in the student council room, and was greeted by avid applause.

"That was fantastic, Fairy Godmother! You always know how to make an entrance!"

"Bravo!"

"Fabulous!"

"Thank you, thank you. Now, let's bring this meeting to order." She said as she sat at the head of the room, "I understand that you have a proposal about transfer students."

"We do, ma'am!" The head of the student council, Prince Patton, stepped forward.

Fairy Godmother smiled fondly at the bright boy. He was one of the sweetest students she'd had the pleasure to work with. "You may proceed, Patton."

"Thank you!" he beamed, "As you know, Auradon Prep has devoted itself to nurturing and raising the royalty of all families in the land! As students, we learn about being leaders, but also about being kind, caring, and compassionate! That's what sets our school above all others. So, we in the student council believe that our school should extend a welcoming hand to some new transfers."

"Well, I don't see why not-"

"The royalty from the Isle of the Lost!"

Fairy Godmother burst into a coughing fit, to the concern of the council.

"Oh, gosh, are you ok??" Patton asked, patting her on the back.

"The - *cough* - Isle of - *cough* - the Lost?!" she regained her composure, "Absolutely not!"

"But-"

"There is absolutely no place for villains in the sanctity of our halls!"

Patton frowned, "Surely the children of these villains deserve a chance to be better? The student council maintains that our school is fair and just. It's not fair or just that we exclude admittance of royals based on where they come from. I can't stand by and let that happen!" His eyes glowed with determination.

The headmistress sighed. "Prince Patton, I admire how you see the best in people. I truly do. But, these children, they aren't like us. They've been raised by evil, taught to be wicked and cruel. It's all too likely that they will be like their parents."

"But, Fairy Godmother, if there's even an ounce of good in them, isn't it our responsibility to grow it? To teach them the compassion, care, and kindness that we teach each other every day?" Patton's eyes grew wide and puppy-dog like, just as Fairy Godmother feared they would.

She groaned, "I'll be getting so many complaints from parents, not to mention the extra time this all would take.."

"We're here to help in any way we can!" Patton grinned.

"Alright, Prince Patton. I will allow you to select... two royals from the Isle." Fairy Godmother stated as Patton hopped about excitedly, "Consider this a test run. If these two transfers do well, then I may open up the program to more Isle children."

A few whoops could be heard around the room as Patton shook Fairy Godmother's hand. "We won't let you down! I'll send you the selections as soon as I've decided! Meeting adjourned!" Students began to file out the door, chattering excitedly about the developments.

"Very well. Now, I must go. There's a cup of tea with my name on it!" And with that, she exited out the door. Patton turned to the rest of the room, and his friends rushed in to congratulate him.

"That went so great!!" Riley exclaimed, hugging him. Her long blond hair bounced everywhere , untamed. "I thought for sure she'd say no!"

"I wish she had." Ali lamented, "This means more work for us."

Patton winked, "Don't worry, I'm sure with some determination, we'll do great!" Riley pumped her fist in the air and cheered in agreement. Ali shook his head. "You are an endless well of optimism, Patton. I don't know how you do it."

"He's the embodiment of a summer's day, that's how!"

"How poetic."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Hey kiddos, calm down!" Patton broke the two apart, "Now need to get physical! Besides-" he leaned in to whisper at Riley, "-we both know you'd win."

"I'll just pretend I didn't hear that." Ali said, rolling his eyes. "Since I'm sure I'll be the one doing the report, can we get down to business already?"

Riley's eyes widened, "Oh, jeez, are we supposed to decide this right now? Ok, what two royals are we going to invite from the Isle?"

"That's a good question." Patton replied, "We need to start this off right."

Ali scratched his head. "There aren't exactly any safe options here..."

"True!" Riley agreed, "We are picking from the worst of the worst."

"Well then, how about these two?" Patton pointed to two names on the list, and his friends blanched.

Riley spoke first, "That's like... the worst of the worst of the worst."

"Are you serious, Patton?" Ali asked carefully, "These two are a huge gamble. And the backlash- especially from Aaron- is bound to be huge."

Patton waved it off, "Don't worry about Aaron. This is my final decision. They're as good a candidate as anybody, don't you think? Oh, I can't wait to meet them!"

Riley and Ali shared a look that said it all. There was no changing Patton's mind on this one. With a sigh, Ali drafted a report and handed it off to Riley, who delivered it to the Headmistress's office. When Riley returned, Patton smiled broadly.

"Great job, team! Now, who wants to take a cookie break?"

"Ooh, me!" Riley squealed as Ali slowly raised his own hand. The three bounded off towards the kitchens for a sweet snack.

---

Fairy Godmother nearly choked on her tea when she read the report. After face-palming for several minutes, she finally sat up and began the paperwork. When it laid finished before her, she pulled out her wand, but hesitated.

The son of the Lord of the Underworld and the son of the Mistress of Evil.

Why couldn't Patton have picked anyone else?

But, Fairy Godmother was never one to go back on her word, so she finalized the papers with a wave of the wand.

"Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo."

---

A/N: It's 3 in the morning so that's why typos might happen. Let me know if people are actually out there who are interested in my story and that Wattpad isn't just a void I'm screaming into. Good night. *Yawn* *falls asleep*