Chapter 9: Dumbledore Knows

Draco's POV:

It's been a couple of days since Harry told Hermione, Ron and Blaise about his sexuality and me. So far Ron hasn't talked to Harry or me and because of this Harry has been clearly agitated. Hermione has told us that she's talked to Ron and he just needs time to get used to us. 

There rest of the school has noticed that Harry and me are closer, however, they don't know that we're dating. Harry said that he wasn't comfortable with being out yet: I respected his decision and I don't mind, as long as I know he's mine. If I'm honest, other students were looking at us weirdly as we walked through the hallways, smiling and talking like we'd been friends forever. I understand that this is weird: one day the well-known enemies hate each other    and the next day they're talking like they've been close friends for ages. I would be confused as well. Good thing is that most people didn't care and moved on. Some people still give us weird looks but Harry and I don't care. 

Dumbledore noticed this change in us as well and called us into his office. 

Harry and I sat down beside each other and faced Dumbledore. Harry seemed nervous but I put my hand on his thigh, where Dumbledore couldn't see it.

"You boys, I've noticed, have become closer than before. You've become friends. How come? What's changed?" Dumbledore asked, looking from me to Harry slowly, sitting in his chair on the other side of his desk. After a few seconds spoke, "Well, Harry and I found out that we besides all that hatred between us, we actually can get along well. So, we decided to hang out more often." Harry looked at me, smiling, and I looked at him showing the same bright smile. I squeezed his thigh gently and looked back at Dumbledore, who was watching curiously at what was happening between us. Harry looked back at Dumbledore and said, "It's true. Draco is not threatening me or anything. You don't have to worry." He chuckled slightly, making me smile. 

"I'm not worrying, however, is there something else going on between you two?" Dumbledore asked looking back and forth from me to Harry. Harry looked shocked and so was I. Dumbledore smirked and Harry looked down at his hands, which were resting on his laps; they were shaking slightly. "So for how long has this been going on for?" Dumbledore asked, the smirk still plastered on his face. I looked up and our eyes locked, "How did you know?", I asked. 

"First of all, when you placed you hand on Harry's thigh and he didn't move away. Second of all, when you two looked at each other, it was full of love rather than friendship. It's obvious that you are in love, I'm just the only person who's picked up on it. I was in love once, even though it may not seem like it, I was in love with someone, a man. Yes, I'm gay, no need to be shocked. I can tell when two people are in love." He said. Harry looked up and seemed amazed. Dumbledore chucked and sat up a little bit more. "I just want to say that if this does continue, please don't tell many people. Most of the students aren't as accepting as me. I'll figure something out for you two so you can spend more time with each other." 

"What do you mean?" Harry asked. Dumbledore just smirked and told us to head to our next lesson. That's what we did since there was no point in trying to get something out of Dumbledore. We walked down the hallways and made our way to Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. On the way there, Harry asked me if I had any idea on what Dumbledore meant. I simply told him didn't have a clue and it was the truth: Harry didn't know as well. 

We knocked on the door and apologised to McGonagall for being late we explained that Dumbledore wanted to see us. 

As the class was packing up to leave for lunch, Hermione came over and told us to go over the Three Broomsticks tomorrow (which happened to be a Saturday) around 2pm. "Ron and I will meet you there." She said and left with Ron's arm around her shoulder. Harry seemed happy and nervous at the same time. On our way to the Great Hall, I asked Harry, "What's wrong? You seem nervous." 

"I just can't tell if Ron is gonna be okay with us. He hasn't talked to me much since we came out to him." He said, stopping before the door of the Great Hall. We both had to go to our house tables. I looked around, making sure no one was in the halls: the halls were deserted. I placed a small peck on his cheek, catching him off guard: we didn't do anything when in public. "Everything is going to be alright. Now, I'm hungry. I'll see you later." I said and walked into the Great Hall and sat next to Blaise, smiling. Soon after, Harry walked in. I looked up from my plate and smiled at Harry and he smiled back. I continued to talk to my friends and eat after that.

Harry's POV:

The next day, Draco and I went to the Three Broomsticks. We sat down and ordered some Butter Beer. We waited about 10 minutes for Ron and Hermione to come and then they ordered their drinks. 

"Hi, we didn't mean to be late." Hermione said and sipped her Butter Beer. Ron did the same, he looked totally relaxed, which is an improvement since we were in the ROR. 

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how I acted in the ROR. I was just shocked because I thought I knew everything about you, since I'm one of your best friends. Besides from that, I'm totally ok with you and Draco. I really am." Ron said, looking apologetic. Harry just nodded and smiling. 

After that, all of us just talked and laughed and caught up with what was happening. Draco told them about Dumbledore and that he knew. To be honest, I'm still shocked that Dumbledore figured it out and the fact that he's gay. Dumbledore is gay. He said that he was once in love but with who? He's never mentioned anyone. Once we all finished our Butter Beer, we hang out in Hogsmeade for a bit. It was fun. I can't remember the last time I spent time with this many people. 

**********************

Hey!! Thanks for reading!!!! I'm sorry I didn't update earlier, I didn't know what to write. This chapter isn't that good, however, I hope you liked it. Please tell me what you want to happen because I really don't have a clue on how to continue. 

Anyways, who's excited for Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald!!!!!???????? I know I am!! 

Thanks for reading,