Chapter 4

Monday morning couldn't have arrived early enough, the silence ate me alive. I needed my music and I don't care what I have to do to get it back from that ass.

Grabbing my jeans and long sleeved top I get ready for school ignoring all the fresh new pain sprouting across my body at every move I make.

I listened out for any voices as I opened my door, even though I knew full well that David wouldn't be up and the others had gone home last night. With the coast clear I tighten my grip on my bag and slip out of my room making my way down the stairs.

I check the clock, looks like I have time to slip in some breakfast.

I swung open the fridge and cupboards looking for something to deal with the rumbling noise coming from my stomach. Smiling I grab two pieces of bread and butter to have some toast.

After I finished buttering the toast I eat it quickly, paranoid that someone was coming and I would get in trouble.

Just as I was placing the small plate under the warm water to wash it off a hand grips my wrist roughly forcing me to drop the plate into the sink. Before I can see who it is I am pushed back into the cupboards only to face Alec leering down at me.

"A-alec?" I stutter letting the fear take over as he drops my wrist but steps closer making me tense up.

"I... I thought you went home." I watch as he doesn't answer but only brings his hand to caress my cheek, I force my body further away just wanting as much space between us as possible.

He responds by gripping my chin tightly holding my face in place, before I can react he plants a sloppy kiss on my lips. Freaking out I immediately push him away as hard as I can whilst trying to get his disgusting lips off of mine.

Giving him a good kick in his shin I make a break for it only to have him pull me backwards by my hair. I let a small shriek pass my lips as he drags me to the sink with hard tugs on my hair.

"Don't you ever think you can fight back!" he shouts before shoving me forward over the sink. He shoves his finger deep into my mouth making me gag awfully, before the contents of my stomach is emptied into the sink. I couldn't help the sobs from erupting from me as I spit out the remnants of my breakfast.

"Don't eat unless we tell you to, don't think unless we tell you to, don't do ANYTHING.." He tugs on my hair, snapping strands along with it. "Unless we tell you otherwise... you're our puppet and I'm your puppeteer. Don't forget that darling." He hisses into my ear.

I can't say anything, I'm too scared to do anything but nod slowly back at him. Wincing against the pain in my scalp as he scrunches my hair within his fist, my breath hitches along with every tug he makes. 

"You got that?" I grip the edges of the countertop just watching them as my knuckles turn white, letting out a shuddering breath. 

"Answer me!"He shouts and I cry out a yes when he yanks my head to the side aggressively. 

Please, leave me alone. 

Leave me alone. 

I don't look back when he mutters an acceptance of my understanding, letting me go before I hear him move out of the kitchen. My hands shake violently against the countertop and I momentarily close my eyes as if that darkness will bring me some resemblance of calm. 

Once I'm sure he's out, I wash out my mouth before grabbing my bag and sprinting out of the house.

I furiously wipe away the tears from my cheeks, willing myself to be stronger. But that doesn't stop me sobbing once I've left the street, and it takes me a long time till I've pulled myself back together again.