eleven

I was let out of the interrogation room where Jughead was waiting for me.

"Are you okay? Soph look at me" Jug said gently placing his hands onto my cheeks and i closed my eyes. In the midst of chaos he's here. He's always here for me. I thought to myself.

"I'm okay Jug. Can we get out of here. I can leave for now and I don't want to go home. I'll explain once we leave" I sighed as pulled his hands from my face. He nodded in understanding and grabbed my hand as we headed outside where he would call his dad to pick us up. I passed my brother and mother on my way out they were still required to stay. Stanley stood up and began to speak to me.

"Don't" I cut him off and continued to walk outside. Jughead looked confused but did not question me. FP got there and the car ride was silent. Although I didn't tell either of them why I was there the lack of questions from FP made me feel as if he knew what was going on. He dropped us off at his house and before he left he told Jug not to wait up for him. I walked in and sat on the couch putting a pillow in my face. Sitting down next to me Jug asked me what happened. So I told him.  After explaining everything and a lot of tears he was speechless.  

"Sophia.. I.. I don't even know what to say.." He frowned and grabbed my hands.

"I'm here. I will always be here" He leaned down and kissed my forehead. My body filled with relief.  His phone started ringing and he sighed. "It's Betty"
The sound of her name in his mouth pulled me away from him.

"Hello?" He answered sounding annoyed and put her on speaker.

"Hey where are you?! I heard Sophia got arrested and you went with her. Why would you do that you know you could get in trouble with your connection to the serpents!" Betty rambled but was quiet. You could tell she was in the bathroom at school.

"Sophia didn't get arrested. I'm fine.  We're fine" Jughead tried to dismiss her. He could tell what she said had made me upset.

"You're together?" She sounded sad now.

"Listen I have to go. Don't worry about it really everything is fine." He hung up before she got to respond and looked at me sympathetically.

"If it's okay I'm just gonna take a shower and maybe get into comfy clothes and fall asleep.. If I even can" I sighed and wiped my eyes.

"Yeah yeah of course go ahead I'll bring you some clothes." He smiled and went to his bedroom and I went to get into the shower.

I turned the water on almost as hot as it could go.  Hot showers are the most comfortable for me. While in there, I lost track of time. Mostly I was just standing under the water letting it hit my face.

Finally I turned the water off and wrapped my towel around me

Finally I turned the water off and wrapped my towel around me. Jughead knocked on the door and I yelled that he could come in. He had his pajama pants and a hoodie for me.  Standing there I just looked at him for a minute. He did not know what was wrong when they came to get me at the school.  For all he knew I could've killed someone but he stood by my side. Even now, he brought me to his house to be away from the complicated stuff and has now brought me pajamas to be more comfortable. 

"You're amazing." I said as my eyes began to water.

"Hey hey" He set the clothes down on the sink and cupped his hands around my face. "What's wrong what do you need"

"Nothing. That's the thing. You've been so good to me I'm so sorry I've only appreciated it now" 

For a minute he just looked at me, staring straight into my eyes.
"Well doing this is just that much better now because of it" He said softly and I was confused.

Suddenly he pulled me into him and placed his lips gently on my own. My eyes shut and everything went away.  My dad, Stanley, Betty, all of it was a blur. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me against him. Our bodies pushed against each other was the only reason my towel didn't fall down.

He pulled away and I was a little disappointed.
"Why don't we go lay down. You said you wanted to rest and you're still upset" He placed his lips on my forehead and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Okay" I sighed and he left as I put on his clothes. They smelled just like him and it was soothing.  After laying down for a while i checked my phone. My brother had called me thirteen times and Archie had called me three times. I texted Archie and told him that I would talk to him tomorrow. Jughead saw me on my phone and asked who I was talking to.
"No one" I sighed

We fell asleep together in his bed watching movies. FP never came home.

***

When I woke up Jughead was no longer next to me. Groggily, I walked into the kitchen and found him eating cereal. Seeing me he put the bowl down and came over.

"Well good morning sunshine" He smiled and I rubbed my eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and looked up at him.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked while pushing my hair out of my face.

"I have to go back to the police station at some point.. and also get my stuff from school." I sighed.

"What about your family? Are you going to see them.." He began-

"Jug.." I looked down. "I.. I need time"

A knock at his door made us both jump.

"Hey guys. It's Archie." He said from behind the door. Jughead pulled away from me and hesitated before walking towards him. I followed him although I could tell he didn't want me to. He opened the door to Archie with his hands in his pockets and I smiled at it. Archie only ever does that when he's nervous. Jughead invited him in and Archie immediately embraced me in a hug. It was comforting for him to be here. However, I felt guilty hugging him in front of Jug. It wasn't fair but I needed Archie right now. I needed all my friends.